Web Application Developer
Web Application Developer
Req #: 87997
Department: GRANT & CONTRACT ACCOUNTING
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Posting Date: 12/24/2012
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Notes: This posting is for a temporary job: it is scheduled to start as soon as possible and is expected to last 5 months. The work is 40 hours/week, but we are willing to consider qualified applicants who are only available part time.
The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
- Developing and modifying complex, custom built web applications.
- Design, develop and support programs to extract, transform and load (ETL) data between systems.
- Delivers assignments according to a schedule.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, plus two years of relevant experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (Transact-SQL, Stored Procedures, UDF, SSIS).
- Knowledge and experience developing system requirements, specifications, and documentation.
- Demonstrated excellence in client interaction, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of grant and contract accounting.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
Condition Of Employment
A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification will be required prior to hire.
Part of the application process for this position includes two required assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process: a Cover Letter assessment, where you will have the opportunity to provide a cover letter for this specific position; and the Employment Eligibility Assessment. (If you have taken the Employment Eligibility Assessment already while applying to a job at the UW, you won't need to take it again.) The assessment(s) will appear on your screen for you to complete after you select "Apply For This Job" on this job announcement. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready.Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until the assessments are complete.
The University of Washington is a leader inenvironmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) firstname.lastname@example.org.