Security Officer - EMT - Morenci, AZ
Title: Security Officer - EMT - Morenci, AZ
Job Number: 1204325
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets on four continents, with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. As a core value, we pledge to continuously improve in meeting our commitment to work in the most safe, inclusive, environmentally and socially responsible manner practicable. Safety and health initiatives, both on and off the job, are a critically important investment in our employees.
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals seeking a challenging, exciting and rewarding work environment for a company that supplies the world with metals that will sustain and expand economies and build infrastructure in developing nations. A world of opportunities is available to individuals who share in our commitments.
Under close supervision, performs a variety of patrol, security, and emergency response and customer service duties at assigned location.
- Greets and logs in all visitors and vendors at entrance gate. Notifies appropriate personnel or department of arrival. Directs visitors and vendors to destination. Enforces company policies and procedures.
- Performs frequent patrols of the property. Walks or drives vehicle on irregularly scheduled rounds of property. Observes conditions of equipment, grounds and facilities. Reports damages or areas in need of repair to security supervisor or safety person on call.
- Conducts surveillance of locations or areas in which vandalism or criminal activities have been noted.
- Assists with and trained for emergency situations. Collaborates with police officers in the prevention of crime, works with fire response units for fire suppression, and with medical emergency response units in the event of emergency situations, at the assigned location.
- Provides basic life support, and if qualified, advanced life support and/or paramedic services to patients including CPR and monitoring of vital signs, when needed. Communicates with hospitals to provide emergency care. Controls transfer of patients to medical facilities. Writes incident reports for calls attended and maintains appropriate logs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current certification as an EMT is required. Skilled in responding appropriately to emergency and conflict situations.
- Knowledge of site rules, regulations, policies and procedures and knowledgeable of the site topography and locations of emergency equipment and access points.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in the operation of a personal computer to include Microsoft applications.