VP of Engineering
Vice President Of Engineering
This position is primarily responsible for providing a broad range of engineering services with focus on ChinaSoft onshore engineering business, pre-sales and engagements with North America Corporations. This includes interaction with all internal departments and customers/potential customer's pre-sales activities, technology designs, negotiate, and drive to closure with the business development group agreements ranging from simple work-for-hire agreements to complex and large offshore engineering work in China, India or North America.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of strategic thinking; deep technology experiences; excellent written and verbal English communication skills; high energy, ability to self-motivate and motivate others, and a passion for communicating the benefits of great technologies and services to our existing and new customers. Candidates must have proven leadership experience and have demonstrated abilities in sales, technology, engineering, engineering management, negotiations, and customer relationship management. This position demands the ability to influence the management teams of North America corporations through written/interpersonal, presentation skills, and the ability to simultaneously address multiple projects and challenges along with closing simple to complex deals.
VP of Engineering is expected to function with limited supervision.
VP Of Engineering Job Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To
- Drive Pre-sales effort to achieve revenue goals across North America:The position is tied to new sales and up sells commitments defined each year. The VP of Engineering will define standards and processes for pre-sales. This position will work closely with Business Development and support pre-sales activities including:
- Fully versed in technologies being proposed to customers and how it applies to the customers solutions
- Developing technology proposals for new and existing customers in collaboration with business development and delivery teams
- Attending and presenting at senior and executive level meetings technical details of a solution and how these help the customers
- Driving wins with Business Development in securing new sales
- Work with Regional BDs to define and secure new opportunities in emerging companies and technologies:The position requires identifying new opportunities in North America and working with the business development group to bring these new opportunities to fruition.
- Closely track and report on competitive analysis:This position is required to complete competitive analysis in these areas:
- ChinaSoft's competitors both in US, India, Europe and China
- Targeted segments (e.g., mobile, cloud, etc.)
- Grow and mature on-shore engineering team:The Redmond local core delivery team will report to this position, this includes Principal Test Architects, Principal Developers and Senior Test Leads. The position is responsible for growing the technical skills of these individuals through continuous assessments, reviews, etc. Also having these individuals grow their skills through training, seminars, etc.
- Define and implement standardized engineering system and practices into on-shore team. Influence greater ChinaSoft to adopt similar practices:Were applicable define and collaborate with global engineering teams to implement standard engineering best practices and systems such as agile development, project management through SCRUM, user-centered design to drive the design/requirements, etc.
- Define and implement best practices for monitoring project success:Work with ChinaSoft Business Development, Account Management and Delivery Teams to drive best practices into a project through SLAs/KPIs and industry best practices.
- Team player with a positive attitude, who can also work independently and set own priorities and tasks
- Participate in business/projects reviews of customers
- Participates in the implementation and training of new sales tools and process
- Interact with extended project teams onshore or offshore
- Maintain persistent experience and/or knowledge about current technologies and emerging technologies and how these apply to new and existing customers
- Review current process for improvement
- Encourage innovation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Supervise and coach Jr. staff
- Supervise and coach onshore team as assigned
- Bachelor or Masters of Arts or Sciences preferred
- Prior experience as a Technology Leader, Engineering Leader or Senior Technical Manager
- 15+ yrs. of engineering, technology, sales, pre-sales, business development experience in an IT-related industry with a proven track record of success in selling multi-million dollar projects in offshore engineering services
- Proven experience in public speaking and oral communications with senior leadership teams
- Extensive experience in developing complex proposal and closing deals on these complex proposals
- Proven experience in building strategic alliances with new and existing customers for long term
- Excellent oral, written, organization, presentation and independent workload management skills
- Quick learner and problem solver
ChinaSoft is a global consulting and technology services firm with more than 15,000 employees supporting our customers in United States, China, Scotland, Ireland, and the United Kingdom. CSI enjoys innovating with industry leaders in technology, banking, travel and manufacturing to name a few. Experiencing 40% growth this last year we are always looking for experienced IT professionals.