Senior Software Engineer
First to develop the software for 'American Idol' viewers to vote via text message, Acision continues to be a key player in the mobile messaging space. With over 2,000 live messaging systems in place, Acision's products & services power more than 2 billion subscribers all over the world and our customers deliver more than two trillion text and multimedia messages annually.
Acision offers a number of exciting and challenging roles globally for talented individuals who want to contribute to the future development and success of the company. Join our global organisation that is designing, developing, and delivering the next generation of messaging products.
Our company culture is casual & flexible; join us and enjoy extensive first-rate family Medical & Dental benefits / 401k match / Life Insurance / FSA / EAP / Short & Long Term Disability / tuition reimbursement, etc.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a Java focus,who will play a key role in the Application Platform & Services development team as part of the R&D organization in Richmond, USA. The successful candidate will be actively engaged in the architecture and development life cycle ranging from design, development and testing of Acision products and services rendered to a wide range of customers in the telecommunications industry.
Summary Of Key Tasks And Activities
- Participate in design and lifecycle development of telecommunication / messaging application platform and services.
- Participate in design and lifecycle development of web based application architectures and services over Voice, messaging and IP based platforms.
- Participate in customer requirements workshops/demonstrations, design, develop and test services built atop standard product APIs using Acision standard tools and procedures, engaging in the agile methodology of service development life cycle and testing.
- Participate in planning software development projects, including reporting of status during the projects and communication of software design details.
- Prepare engineering documentation during various phases of the software lifecycle.
- Provide fourth-tier support of scalable messaging products and solutions, ensure that software is installable over off the shelf server components from vendors and deployable without loss of service and meets career grade QoE.
- 5+ years of software development / design experience in a computer engineering / telecommunications field
- Undergraduate / Graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications
- Ability to write design interface specifications / test case specifications
- Proficiency in more than one of the following programming languages / frameworks: Java, EJB, Swing, Netbeans, C or C++,Perl / Shell / PHP
- Proficiency in a Unix or Linux environment.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures / J2EE Application Platform
- Experience with one or more of the following web service protocols: HTTP, SOAP, REST
- Experience with one or more of the following signaling / telephony / messaging protocols: SIP, SMTP, SMPP, IMAP, LDAP
- Experience with threaded programming, source control systems, with one or more debuggers.
- Familiarity with Database Design / Scaling Architectures o SQL o LDAP o Non-SQL (Column / TableBased, KeyValuePair, etc)
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with APIs, service development tool-kits is a plus
- Familiarity with various software development lifecycles, specifically Agile methodology is a plus.
- Self Motivated
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
- Fast-paced and demanding environment
- Typically does not require travel
This is an exciting challenge for professionals with varying degrees of experience to further develop their skills in this exciting and fast-moving mobile telecommunications industry