Accelerated Career Entry
Job Description -
An associate accepted into the ACE Program is responsible for his or her own development and for completing the required training. It is expected that an individual in the ACE Program will achieve full proficiency (as outlined below) within a 6-9 month period in order to be eligible to apply for a General Manager position. In preparation for this undertaking, an associate hired into the ACE Program will support the General Manager in the management of the entire store's operations. He or she is also responsible to meet and/or exceed performance and profit goals according to corporate objectives. These objectives include selecting, developing and training management and hourly associates.
- Supervise the day-to-day task assignment for and performance of 5-50 Customer Service Associates and 1-5 Management Associates.
- Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers, respond to customer complaints or inquiries and solicit customer feedback and input.
- Manage all matters relating to associates and the store team. This includes recruiting, hiring, and training, coaching, managing performance and administering progressive discipline.
- Ensure execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
- Analyze results and trends to prepare action plans, leverage the store's strengths and address areas of opportunity.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and coordinate daily assignments and activities of associates.
- Ensure profitability
- Execute strategy through planning