Bilingual Registered Dental Assistant
Registered Dental Assistant
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
Minimum age of 18 with High School Diploma or equivalent
- Registered Dental Assistant Certified
- At least 12 months working with pedo patients in a dental office.
- General computer use and data entry skills
- Reliable transportation; Ability to work clinic hours: Mon & Fri - 8:50-5:30, Tues & Thurs - 9:50 to 7:00, Wed- 11:50 to 7:00 and Saturday 8:50 to 4:00
Excellent opportunity for Registered Dental Assistants! Jefferson Dental Clinics is seeking experienced Registered Dental Assistants to join our team in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX. The Registered Dental Assistant works under the supervision of the Clinical Coordinator and are responsible for a wide range of tasks in the dental office - ranging from patient care and education to administrative duties to laboratory functions. Note: All employees need to be flexible and available to provide dental assistance and perform front desk duties based on the patient needs and as directed by clinic management.
- Instruments: Sterilize dental instruments and equipment for each patient; Organize and lay out instruments for use; Hand instruments and other materials to dentist during procedures
- Patients/Interpersonal: Question patients about their medical history and record the information for dentist's reference; Advise patients on effective dental care; Manage patients - help patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- Patients/Clinical: Take x-rays of patients' teeth; Take impressions of patients' teeth for casts to fabricate study models or to fabricate a temporary; Make temporary crowns
- Assisting Dentist/Preparation: Prepare cements, composite, impression materials etc.
- Assisting Dentist/Patient Care: Use suction and swabs to keep patients' mouths clear and dry during procedures; Apply topical anesthetic to patients' mouths; Place and remove rubber dams, matrices and wedges; Apply cavity lines and bases
- Administration: Obtaining patients' dental records; Complete Dental Charting
- Infection Control: Perform dental infection control plan management to conform to CDC, OSHA and ADA standards. Follow clinical guidelines for sterilization, disinfection, instrument cleaning and dental treatment room disinfection
- Team Support: provide assistance in others areas of the clinic, as requested
- Community Outreach: As requested, promote JDC by attending neighborhood events or visiting local businesses and distributing flyers and marketing materials to the public
- Organize and lay out instruments for specialized procedures
- Prepare cements, amalgam, composite, impression materials etc.
- Inventory control and management
- Make temporary crown
- Apply sealants after completion of certification
- Monitor nitrous patients after completion of certification
Competencies for Excellence
- Concern for Order and Quality: Keeps records, checks quality of work and documentation
- Teamwork: Work to develop friendly and supporting atmosphere; Pitch in and help others
- Self Management: Exhibit self-confidence when interfacing with the patient; Function effectively under pressure; Manage own behavior to prevent or reduce feelings of stress
- Integrity & Credibility: Able to gain the trust and respect of patients, co-workers and managers; Exhibit professional demeanor
- Customer Service: Adhere to proper clinical practices; Become a trusted advisor to the patient
- Adaptability: Adapts to change in direction in order to support changing priorities
- Diversity: Bilingual language skills; Adapts and integrates into diverse work group and patient population