The Cashier is responsible for the proper and efficient operation of his or her shift, within company policy, in such a manner as to ensure that the shift contributes to the increased profitability of the facility.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs specific tasks as assigned by the Facility Manager, Assistant Facility Manager, and/or Customer Service Supervisor (Management).
- Assists Management in seeing that the store maintains total interior and exterior cleanliness and appearance to Company image standards; adheres to Company's uniform and dress code policy.
- Gives all customers prompt and courteous service, with appropriate greeting and closure.
- Operates shift within company guidelines to achieve sales and profit.
- Shares the responsibility for controlling cash, inventory, and drive-offs on his/her shift.
- Controls amount of cash in register drawer to be within Company guidelines.
- Keeps coolers, shelves, and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times.
- Properly cleans and maintains equipment and readies products such as coffee, fountain drinks, fast food, etc., as directed by Management.
- Cleans windows, floors, shelving, counters, and coolers to ensure they remain clean at all times; cleans restrooms as scheduled by Management.
- Wipes down and polishes fuel pumps, sweeps and washes lot and sidewalks, picks up trash/debris, empties trash containers.
- Properly reports all drive-offs, thefts, robberies, and other incidents.
- Where applicable, cleans, stocks, maintains car wash and other equipment as directed by Management.
- Strictly follows Franchise and/or Company operations procedures, as directed by Management, in the preparation and sale of all food service products.
- Refer to "Crew Member" job description for details (Customer Service Specialist II only).