POSITION PURPOSE: To ensure appropriate set-up of Banquet rooms in accordance with guest specifications and Marcus' standards of quality.
- Maintain condition and
cleanliness of banquet facilities by cleaning, vacuuming, and shampooing carpets.
- Set up banquet spaces as
required per Banquet Event Order (BEO).
- Provide service to customers as
required per contract.
- Perform breakdown of function
- Assist in serving as needed.
- Read and understand a Banquet
Event Order (BEO).
- Organize, control and restock
linen room and supplies.
- Organize and control inventory
- Perform other duties as
- Prior hospitality/customer
service experience preferred.
- Must have a basic knowledge of
food and beverage service standards.
- Knowledge of appropriate table
settings and proper set-up.
- Ability to comprehend and
communicate in English in order to provide service as requested by
captains, managers and guests.
- Average hours per week: 20-40
- Tools and equipment used in this position include frequent use of the following: trays, carts, and tables.
- Percentage of time during the normal work day the employee is required to:
- Stand – 90%
- Lift – 40%
- Walk/Bend – 30%
- Sit/Twist/Squat/Reach – 10%
- Maximum consecutive time during the normal workday for each activity:
- Stand – 4 hours
- Bend – 1 hour
- Walk – 30 minutes
- Sit – 20 minutes
- Lift – 10 minutes
- Twist/Crawl/Kneel/Squat/Climb/Reach – less than 5 minutes
- The weight required to be lifted each normal workday: Up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Sensory requirements: speech, vision, smell, touch, hearing.
- Environmental factors of each normal workday:
- Inside – 90%
- Outside – 10%