POSITION PURPOSE: To assist the banquet department with the coordination and service delivery of food and beverage experiences to our guests.
- Set up tables with china, silverware, and other service equipment in accordance with Banquet Event Order (BEO) and break down assigned banquet rooms according to manager's instructions.
- Maintain Marcus' high standards of quality and service.
- Prepare work areas such as coffee stations, bread stations prior to function.
- Service of food and beverages according to standards.
- Handle guest requests or coordinate additional assistance from supervisor or manager.
- Communicate frequently with captains, supervisors and managers.
- Maintain condition and cleanliness of banquet rooms, public areas, and storage areas.
- Maintain inventory of necessary supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in English in order to provide service as requested by captains, managers and guests.
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to guest requests.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Prior hospitality/customer service experience preferred.
- No experience required.
- Average hours per week: 20-40
- Tools and equipment used in this position: Trays (Continuously) and Carts (Frequently)
- Percentage of time during the normal work day the employee is required to:
- Stand/Walk – 100%
- Lift – 40%
- Bend/Reach – 10%
- Squat – 1%
- Maximum consecutive time during the normal workday for each activity:
- Stand/Walk – 4 hours
- Lift – 20 minutes
- Bend/Reach/Squat – 10 minutes
- Sensory requirements: speech, vision, smell, touch and hearing