Program Supervisor\Assistant Program Manager NE Philadelphia PA
Program Supervisor/Assistant Program Manager - NE Philadelphia, PA-120003EY
Primary LocationUnited States-PA-PAPhiladelphia
Founded in 1989, Pennsylvania MENTOR is a leading home and community-based human services provider serving children and adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities, as well as emotional, behavioral and mental health challenges. Pennsylvania MENTOR offers a range of innovative services, including Therapeutic Foster Care and Lifesharing programs, school and family-based supports, autism services and other programs to enhance the lives of individuals and families throughout the state.
Pennsylvania MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join Pennsylvania MENTOR and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
ForPennsylvania MENTORandThe MENTOR Network, a Program Supervisor/Assistant Program Manager is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Program Supervisor/Assistant Program Manager role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
Pennsylvania MENTORis seeking aProgram Supervisor/Assistant Program Manager in Northeast Philadelphia, PAto provide case management reviews and case supervision. This individual will supervise assigned staff and support the development of and oversee the implementation of service plans.
- Provides case management reviews and case supervision. Participates in the review and matching of new clients.
- Oversees clinical and crisis management and investigates internal incidents as required.
- Coordinates daily operations of work sites to ensure consumer safety and programming needs are met. Establishes on-call duties and supervises on-call staff.
- Ensures that all records are accurate, up to date, and in compliance with legal and corporate requirements.
- Completes purchasing of program supplies and submits billing compliance documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in human services required
- Master's degree in human services strongly preferred
- Three years related experience and one year supervisory experience required
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the above requirements
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance of providing transportation to individuals receiving services
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification as required by state
- Licensure and other requirements as required by state