Buyer / Planner
Kiwi Crate is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids' creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We're backed by leading investors and were named one of the "20 Startups to Watch" by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from Caltrain.
The ideal candidate has great attention to detail and a competitive drive to find the best at the lowest cost. Excellent organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills are musts. Required skills and responsibilities:
- 5+ years experience in Sourcing/Merchandising/Inventory Planning/Sales Planning in an ecommerce setting.
- Work closely with the Product Design team to identify the appropriate set of materials. Manage assortment planning and vendor selection/management – including inventory issues
- Relentless drive to improve profit margins and productivity and to exceed sales plans. Coordinate product and materials demand with sales plans. Identify inventory objectives.
- Create forecasts, demand vs. supply, inventory overview reports. Manage purchase orders. Share and update levels based on Forecasts vs. Actuals.
- Develop and iterate on systems and procedures for managing orders, planning for inventory, and tracking purchases.
- Manage site merchandising, including production, sample procurement, copy, images.
- Lead supply planning and buying by planning and procuring the right product at the right time in the right quantity. Replenish, as needed.
- Asian supplier/vendor management experience desired.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.