Desktop Support Specialist
'genArmyList.asp#US2' onclick='return false;'>JobTitle: Desktop Support Specialist[ empOpId:192 ]
Location: Corporate Operations Center
City, State: Portsmouth, NH
Amount of positions available: 1 Full Time Position(s)
As a team member of the Desktop Support group, tier-1 support for the end-user desktop infrastructure is provided, including PCs, laptops, phones, computers applications, and other infrastructure problems. Responsible for daily HelpDesk support via phone or HelpSTAR ticketing under the supervision of group leader. Includes new systems roll out and local travel to US branches when required.
- Must have knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 operating systems, including XP and Windows 7 at the desktop.
- Must possess a high degree of proficiency understanding overall data processing concepts, troubleshooting and security.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite required.
- Knowledge/experience with VDI or VolP preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., have valid drivers license and be willing to travel locally.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be available to participate in on-call rotation off-hours for critical systems monitoring and support.
- Must be available to work flexible hours as required by assigned projects or system problems.
- A degree in computer science is highly desirable, however, extensive experience or certification in the proper environment or equivalent may be acceptable. Microsoft certification required. Must have knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems, with a heavy concentration in PC and LAN functions, and include basic knowledge of routers and switching in a wide area environment.