As one of the foremost luxury apartment developers and largest apartment management companies in the country, Village Green currently manages approximately 160 apartment communities (properties) consisting of nearly 40,000 apartments in 15 states. In addition to managing properties that Village Green develops and owns, Village Green also manages properties for outside clients. Village Greens clients consist of pension funds, Wall Street / institutional managers, private investment groups, and high net worth individuals and families. Some of the Wall Street / institutional managers that Village Green manages for include Blackrock Realty Advisors, UBS Realty Investors, Capri Capital Partners, Intercontinental Real Estate Corp, Nationwide Realty Investors, LaSalle Investment Management, Bluerock Real Estate, Henderson Global Investors, Northwestern Mutual, Fannie Mae, PNC Bank/AFLCIO, and Levin Realty Advisors/Walton Street Capital.
The Property Accountant is responsible for preparing monthly financial statements for a portfolio of approximately 15 properties. Village Green customizes its accounting and financial reporting to meet the specific needs of each client. Property Accountants have a high amount of interaction with our clients. In order to serve our diverse group of clients, Village Green looks for Property Accountants that communicate effectively and are customer service oriented. Village Green is currently experiencing significant growth and we are looking for candidates that are career-focused and interested in advancement opportunities.
The Responsibilities Include
- Prepare monthly financial statements for approximately 15 properties.
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries. Prepare accruals as necessary.
- Reconcile bank accounts and resolve reconciliation issues. Reconcile all other balance sheet accounts and maintain appropriate schedules and workpapers.
- Analyze and research budget variances.
- Coordinate with mortgage companies on issues involving mortgage payments, tax and insurance escrows, replacement reserve accounts, etc.
- Calculate and process cash distributions to investors.
- Prepare year-end workpaper packages for audits and tax returns to be provided to outside CPAs.
- Work with clients to resolve accounting issues and answer questions on monthly financial statements.
- Special projects as assigned by Accounting Manager and/or requested by clients.
- Work with senior management to analyze and record complex real estate transactions including property acquisitions and dispositions, recapitalizations, refinancings, and construction/development activity.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience, preferably in public accounting. CPA license a plus.
- A comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Must communicate effectively and be customer service oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be a team player and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- Career focused and interested in advancement opportunities.