• Minimum of one to three years experience in MIG welding and fabrication experience
• Ability to read and build from blueprints and weld procedures
• Working knowledge of fixtures and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, ect).
• Interpret drawings, position, fit, block, clamp, and tack parts to proper positions as required
• Excellent communication skills.
• Flexible and effective Team Player
• Set-up and operate welding and other equipment utilized in the qualified weld and machining areas.
• Follow all procedures and specifications required to ensure product conformance to quality specifications.
• Effectively perform material handling activities such as lifting, moving, and using materials handling equipment when necessary. (such as: forklifts and overhead cranes).
• Comply with all safety procedures in each area assigned, including, but not limited to, wearing designated personal protective equipment.
• Comply with policies procedures, standards, and rules of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned. Select equipment and plans layout, assembly, welding. Lay outs, positions, aligns and fits components together. Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts together to secure in position for welding. Sets up equipment and welds parts, using resistance welders. Maintains equipment for efficient use and reliability
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or six months one year related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to present information effectively one-on-one or with small groups of employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.