Equipment Operator - Vivian, LA
Drive and maneuver equipment safely and efficiently operate material handling devices (forklifts or knuckle booms) to handle railway, other track material, track and bridge and other materials (such as ties) throughout the plant.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Experience driving a vehicle
- Working knowledge of rail, other track material (OTM), switches, and bridge material in order to sort, stack, house, and handle appropriately strongly preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Working knowledge of warehouse and/or heavy construction equipment
- Knowledge of safe work environment applications
- Safely load, unload and move materials in a high-quality manner without damage throughout the plant including:
- Moves tram lines around and loads rail cars.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance of material handling devices – tires, fluids, belts – and for notification to maintenance department of any problems.
- Responsible for reporting activity in the warehouse to the CDA Manager to ensure accurate accounting for materials in SAP.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.