The job you requested, Hartford, CT Speech Pathology ( SLP ) School Jobs, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Speech Language Pathologist – SLP – (Healthcare)
If you are an experienced and high-energy Speech Language Pathologist who is looking for stable yet flexibile work environment, join the Supplemental Health Care team! We need your speech therapy expertise for assignments in a variety of settings and facilities. This will allow you to serve a wide range of patients, including children, geriatric patients and trauma victims. You will work directly with patients, under physicians orders, to provide speech therapy services.
As a Speech Language Pathologist, you will provide speech therapy to patients with a variety of communication impairments. This will involve collaborating with physicians and other healthcare team members to develop effective therapy plans. You will also provide communication and education on various stages of the therapy process to patients, families and other team members.
Your Specific Duties Will Include
- Evaluating patients for treatment planning and implementation
- Establishing individual patient schedules in conjunction with other team members
- Documenting the results of assessments, treatment, and follow up of services
- Monitoring patient response to intervention and modifying treatment as indicated in order to attain goals in accordance with physician orders
- Instructing patients and family in appropriate speech-language procedures or home programs
- Recommend and obtaining appropriate augmentative communication devices and equipment to improve patient communication and instructing patients and their families in their use
- Conducting screening of patients at the request of clients to determine need for treatment, as required
- Supervising students and volunteers, when applicable
Speech Language Pathologist - SLP - Speech Therapist (Healthcare)
As a Speech Language Pathologist with Supplemental Health Care, you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of different high-quality facility settings. We are also committed to treating you as a part of our company rather than as just another contractor. You will enjoy an ongoing and supportive relationship with your recruiter, and we will always work with you to ensure that you are given the assignments that are right for you. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a highly competitive compensation package that includes some of the best benefits and perks in the industry.
As a Speech Language Pathologist, you must be a dependable and empathetic individual with the ability to develop and implement creative and functionally based treatment plans. You must also have a good understanding of physical and occupational therapy along with the ability to explain to patients and families how these disciplines fit with the speech therapy process. Therefore, it is also important that you have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as a talent for motivating patients, family members and team members to achieve patient goals.
Specific Qualifications For The Speech Language Pathologist Position Include
- 4 year degree from an accredited Speech Language Pathologyprogram
- 1 year clinical experience; 3 to 5 years of experience, preferred
- Valid and current SLP license in good standing with the state of issue
- Current CPR/BLS card
- Up-to-date immunization records to be provided
- Computer proficiency
- Keen attention to detail, particularly with regard to note taking
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Willing to travel regionally between various facilities and treatment locations
Your Benefits As A Speech Language Pathologist Will Include
- Customized health, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) saving program with company match and immediate vesting
- Access to our Helping Hands referral program
- Industry-leading Our Rewards' employee appreciation program - earn redeemable points for each hour you work!
- Access to continuing education credits and courses
- Personalized business cards
Make the most of your Speech Language Pathology career!