Environmental Competency Consultant
Title: Environmental Competency Consultant
Location: West Virginia-WASHINGTON WORKS PLANT DUPONT(2560)
DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.
DuPont is an E-Verify employer.
DuPont seeks a highly qualified individual to serve as Safety Health Environmental (SHE) Competency Consultant focusing on Environmental. The successful candidate will provide environmental support to a significant operating area at the DuPont Washington Works site in Parkersburg, WV. This assignment requires a combination of regulatory knowledge, technical expertise and environmental operations leadership.
DuPont Washington Works rests on the banks of the Ohio River in Parkersburg, West Virginia. We are proud to be part of the Mid-Ohio Valley and we work hard every day to uphold the highest standards of safe plant operation for the protection of our employees, our environment and our community. DuPont began manufacturing here in 1948. We are among the largest DuPont manufacturing facilities in the world with 7 different businesses located here at our 700-acre site. We manufacture over 1 billion pounds of product used in various automotive, food industry, building/construction and household items.
DuPont Washington Works has more than 1800 full-time employees. On site, our employees enjoy growth and development opportunities as part of our winning team. They thrive in a collaborative, market-driven environment that rewards business savvy and scientific street smarts. To learn more about DuPont Washington Works, visit:http://www2.dupont.com/Washington_Works/en_US/index.html
The Environmental Competency Consultant is responsible to provide strategic leadership and program managementfor the environmental program(s) assigned to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations, corporate policies, standards and guidelines, and site-specific requirements.
This position requires the environmental professional to perform environmentally technical work and to collaborate with site technical, operations, and maintenance personnel concerning environmental-related issues. This position requires minimal delegating or management of other people.
TheEnvironmental Competency Consultantwill provide general environmental support for air, water, waste and other environmental regulatory and internal program requirements.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- BS in a technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of work experience in an environmental capacity within the manufacturing industry
- BS or higher degree in chemical or environmental engineering, environmental science, or related discipline.
- Working knowledge and experience in industrial wastewater treatment operations
- Demonstrated functional/technical expertise and experience in other environmental competencies such as waste management and air compliance.
- Knowledge of RCMS and ISO 14001 requirements.
- Attention to detail
- Superior written and oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Progressive experience coaching/training and as an environmental role model/leader.
- Ability to foresee and anticipate problems and make appropriate adjustments.
- Ability to read and interpret complex regulations and to work with the site to ensure compliance. Environmental regulatory knowledge in air, solid hazardous waste, and wastewater.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, achieving results on time and ability to influence/negotiate with others at various levels of the organization and with regulatory agencies.
- Ability to work effectively with others, develop a strong working relationship with regulatory agencies and to interact with other environmental professionals and the business to maximize results.
- Ability to take initiative, self-manage, identify what is needed and take effective action to bring about change and lead/implement change while maintaining DuPont's core values
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint plus the ability to quickly adapt to new technology.