The Assistant Manager position is fully accountable for the profitable operation of a Firehouse Subs Restaurant while adhering to all company guidelines and regulations.The Assistant Manager is an integral member of the management team. Assistant Manager is goal oriented and focused on providing top notch customer service. The Assistant Manager is a position of leadership and provides experience for learning all aspects of business and restaurant operations. Assistant Manager will exemplify Firehouse Subs high standards leading by example. As the company grows, higher levels of responsibility and earning potential will be available. This is a salaried position.New site opening in Colonial Heights in the Fall will provide promotion opportunities.
- $24,000 - $25,000, depending on experience
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Ensures the restaurant is in full compliance with all local, state and federal regulations to include health regulations, hour and wage regulations, age restrictions, fair employment practices, ADA, OSHA and any other appropriate regulations required for the legal operation of the business
- Ensures knowledge, adherence and enforcement of all Firehouse Subs Policies and Procedures
- Provides leadership to the restaurant team so that each team member consistently meets our standards of superior customer service, quality and cleanliness, while embracing the Firehouse Subs "Culture" of a cheerful and fun work environment
- Ensures the profitability of the business by operating within established guidelines and requirements for sales growth, food cost, labor, and controllable costs
- Coordinates and implements current operations game plans and company initiatives and store marketing in a profitable and timely manner
- Accountable for the proper staffing of the restaurant with qualified personnel
- Accountable for the continuous training and development of the restaurant personnel including other managers and shift leaders
- Ensures all required programs, reports and legal documents are accurate, complete and accomplished on schedule
- Assists and manages any/all duties assigned by Restaurant Manager/Owner
- Assist Restaurant Manager leading a Crew of approximately 20 personnel.
- Learn by doing! Under the close supervision of the Restaurant Manager, assist in the management all business and service operations including, but not limited to inventory, ordering, receiving, customer service, product quality control, restaurant cleanliness, sanitation, and cash management.
- Develop and publish work schedules that provide optimal number of personnel to meet business requirements.
- Develop strategies for maintaining and increasing customer base and sales.
- Train and lead crew members in BOH and FOH operations; line positions and products.
- Maintains a safe and secure work and dining environment
- Demonstrate a job history with positions of increasing management and leadership responsibility
- Organized - Ability to develop work plans and succinctly communicate to the crew and the GM.
- Reliable - Punctual in all aspects of restaurant performance.
- Detail oriented - Identify and improve the smallest details resulting in superior service and business operations.
- Multi-task - Maintain a positive attitude while dealing with multiple issues simultaneously.
- Maintains awareness and participation in community affairs to take advantage of sales and public relations opportunities
- Represents Firehouse Subs in a professional and positive manner at all times