RN - On Call
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of nursing care to the residents on his/her assigned area during a given period of time. Responsibilities include assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation. In addition, the RN is responsible for supervision of assigned staff members.
- Assess residents physical, psychosocial, environmental, spiritual, cultural, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs, as appropriate.
- Evaluates data and determines residents needs.
- Implements interventions established in the care plan.
- Documents nursing care per established policy and procedures.
- Sustains quality assessment and performance improvement activities.
- Performs personal care for residents, as needed, (i.e. bed making, bathing, etc).
- Participates in the establishment of mutually formative outcomes with resident, family and other members of the health care team.
- Reviews the care plan and consults with a registered nurse or the physician and other health care providers to adjust the plan to assure optimum resident outcomes.
Follows assignments and delegates tasks based on resident need and according to knowledge and skill of the designated caregiver.
- Manages practices consistent with current standards promulgated by the Company and appropriate local, state, and federal regulatory bodies.
- Participates in resident and family education and counseling.
- Communicates and collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to resolve resident care problems and to enhance delivery of care.
- Maintains gerontologic nursing competencies and attends annual educational programs.
- Participates in orientation of new employees.
- Attends/participates in care center meetings, in-services and committee meetings.
- Identifies and reports deviations from safe practice. Adheres to policies and guidelines of regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA).
- Manages emergency situations according to outlined emergency procedures.
- Handles confidential information with discretion, incorporating all Federal, State, and local privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Follows and enforces policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to the Companys Mission, Values, and Resident Care Philosophy and Standards of Care and Practice through behavior and attitude.
- Performs other duties and takes on additional responsibilities, as needed.
Graduate from accredited school of nursing. Bachelors Degree preferred.
Minimum of 6 months experience working as a Registered Nurse. Experience or continuing education in care of the elderly preferred.
Licensure / Certification, where required: Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state where practicing.