Hardware Design Manager
Number of Positions: 1 Positions Filled: 0
Position Title: Hardware Design Manager
Requisition #: 1554
Country: United States
City / Town: Phoenix
Requisition Type: Contingent
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
Shift: 1st Shift (days)
Travel Required: 10% - 25%
Job Category: Engineering
Own the hardware development for DoD and security related system development programs. Recruit and manage a team of dedicated professionals to move a key program from requirements to reality. Work with peer groups developing software, FPGA code and mechanical engineering to develop truly extraordinary and ground breaking solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop specific hardware requirements from general objectives.
- Manage your team and collaborate with other professionals to implement world class solutions from said requirements.
- Conceive and implement thorough verification and validation plans for the solutions that your team develops.
- Thoroughly document all designs and work.
- Present and defend work in peer reviews.
- Participate in design reviews of other's work.
- Work with consultants or outside agencies as required.
- Commit to and meet scheduled deadlines for tasks assigned.
- Report progress to one or more program managers.
- Manage multiple, sometimes competing, priorities.
- Set objectives for a professional engineering team and manage their performance to meet these objectives. This will include formal company performance reviews.
- Other management, design, development, and support tasks as assigned.
Skills & Abilities And Requirements
- Player/Coach - must have strong management abilities in a professional engineering setting and able to make a strong individual contribution to the technical work load of the team.
- Thrives in a fast paced, high pressure professional environment.
- Outstanding work ethic with a passion to meet commitments and schedules.
- Ability to think out-of-the-box and create unique solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- High technical proficiency in high performance board design.
- Able user of board development and verification CAD tools.
- Outstanding SI skills.
- Strong embedded systems architectural understand a plus.
- FPGA and software development experience an advantage.
- Prior total product responsibility would be an asset.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, design configuration control.
- Able to set own schedule and objectives.
- Ability to read and understand complex technical documents such as schematics or data sheets.
- US citizenship required
- Must possess or have recently held a US Government clearance to secret or above.
- Skillset and past performance will be rated more than education and years of experience nonetheless a BS Degree in electronics engineering or computer engineering and at least eight of experience is expected. Advanced degree preferred.
- This position will have direct responsibility for managing a small team of engineering professionals.