ControllerABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a vertically integrated global filmed entertainment company. They develop, finance, produce, market, and distribute prestige and talent driven commercial and documentary feature films globally. They are looking to hire a Controller who comes from the entertainment industry with publica accounting experience, ideally in the Big 4. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its' employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
Responsibilities Of The Controller
- The Controller will prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity.
- Financial and all studio reporting
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process.
- The Controller will direct preparation of company budget.
- Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Advise management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Arrange for audits of company's accounts.
ControllerEXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE CONTROLLER ROLE
- 3-6 years of Entertainment experience
- Public Accounting, ideally big 4
- Management experience
- Quick thinker and ability to lead
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills