The job you requested, Senior Manufacturing Engineer, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
At NextGen, we dont just hire people, we hire up, that is, the best and the brightest, matching talent with great companies across the United States. Ours is a process of discovery, learning everything we can about our candidates and our clients, in order to achieve the best possible match. We know that behind every placement, there are real people looking for an opportunity and the right fit to achieve their career goals and professional dreams. We work from a platform we call NextDimensions, a program that is built on knowledge and trust to create positive and productive partnerships.
At NextGen we are actively looking for high caliber talent to fulfill the following opportunity.
Location:Hillsboro, OR 97124
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer (PES)
Contract Duration:ASAP -5/27/2014with possible extension
Manufacturing Engineer (PES) (Board (PCBA) Manufacturing Engineer)
Location:Hillsboro OR 97124
Start Date: 05/28/2013
End Date: 05/27/2014
- PES (Platform Enabling Services) provides operations services, support, and solutions, including PCBA Manufacturing Engineering support, to Intel BU (Business Unit) partners.
- This is an Engineering position supporting Product Development Teams (PDT) in the design and manufacture of Intel platforms, Form Factor Reference Designs (FFRDs) and Software Development Systems.
- Primary responsibility is to provide PCBA Manufacturing Engineering supporting DFM for PCB design, assembly, and builds, and drive adherence to our manufacturing processes, standards, and BKMs.
- Knowledge of SMT PCBA Manufacturing processes is highly desired.
This Includes Working Closely With PCBA Design Engineers And Board Manufacturing Engineering To Perform The Following
This includes working closely with PCBA Design Engineers and Board Manufacturing Engineering to perform the following
- Conducting DFM analysis using Valor, Allegro and other tools / methods and work with design teams to resolve identified gaps/issues.
- Act as the Manufacturing point of contact to BU design teams providing PCBA design feedback and influence design changes to improve manufacturability, quality, functionality, and cost.
- Develop Mfg Engineering spec and plan, insure PCBA build readiness, & provide factory training as needed
- Create Multi-pack / board panel designs or design input using AutoCAD.
- Point of contact to outsourced contract manufacturers to enable and ensure mfg process readiness.
- Develop required manufacturing processes and tools to enable product builds.
- Coordinate implementation of new technologies/components, tools, & fixtures. Improving factory assembly methods & instructions; maximizing efficiencies with factory tooling design & implementation
- Define label content and label BOM structure with DE/customer. Identify BOM items required for Pack/SN labels, hardware, packaging, and replacement materials for rework.
- Establish & maintain PCBA TPT/beat rate models.
- Track factory yield. Work gaps between actual and plan
- Own root cause & corrective action plans of manufacturing problems by applying knowledge and skills.
- Communicate design and material changes relevant to PCBAs to the contract manufacturers, purchasing and planning.
- Attendance in evening meetings to accommodate other geographies required
- Candidate must have a BS +5 years experience or MS +3 years experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. Similar degree with appropriate relevant experience will be considered.
- PCBA assembly / manufacturing process (SMT) knowledge required.
- Proficiency with Cadence/Allegro, Valor, AutoCAD , and SPEED. Prior experience & in-depth training with Lean Mfg practices is a plus.
Required Skills Include
- Ability to take initiative to start and complete tasks independently and meet commitments.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, influencing, and time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills, tracking issues and the ability to smoothly drive them to resolution at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and strong work ethics are essential.
- Experience working with contract manufacturing, outsourced suppliers, or ODM vendors.
- Experience with product lifecycle management.
NextGen Information Services provides our consultants with flexible employment options to include, Hourly, Salary, Subcontracting or 1099 engagements. Our Hourly and Salary employment opportunities include a variety of optionalhealthcare benefits!
NextGen Benefits May Include
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Time off and Paid Holidays for Salaried Employees
- 401k.Retirement Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- NextGen will also provide training for our consultants when it benefits their career growth
- Lengthy interview prep plan and outplacement services
Our goal at NextGen is to bring our clients the talent they need and demand for business success, and to bring our consultants the opportunity and support for a successful professional life. Most importantly, we work hard not in just making connections, but in making connections that last. At NextGen, we believe we are catalysts to change, changing business, changing lives and we pride ourselves on this principle.
The business world is constantly evolving and at NextGen we know that you are too. Are you or someone you know looking to explore new career opportunities? Explore NextGen……View our current openingshere.Have a friend or colleague looking to make a career change, refer them and earn a referral bonus. Referrals will be paid after the consultant has been on project 120 days.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.'