Team Leader Manufacturing - Medical Molding - VT #1713
Position Title Team Leader Manufacturing - Medical Molding - VT #1713
Relocation Yes - But they want someone from the Northeast.
Location Bethel VT
Company is recognized as a world leader and innovator in precision injection molding, tooling and contract manufacturing serving market leading companies across the globe.
The Team Leader will oversee Production, Quality, and Safety on the shift. The Team leader will have four key areas of responsibility with respect to production: supervising, processing, materials, and mold setting. He or she must have the ability to efficiently set-up, start-up, and maintain 35 to 500 ton molding machines and associated auxiliary equipment while overseeing operations. The Team leader will also see that raw material is handled and processed correctly, and will ensure that employees are adequately supervised and have safe working conditions.
Bottom Line, The Qualified Candidate Must Have
- years' experience in processing engineering grade materials (resins, polyesters, nylons or similar).
- Process control experience.
- Medical Molding manufacturing experience or similar.
- Leadership experience.
- Living in the Northeast or solid history there.
- Train personnel in proper molding machine operations, so that they are able to perform their jobs in a safe productive manner.
- Diagnose and correct problems with the molding processes, including molds, set ups, automation, etc.
- Perform mold set-up, start-up, troubleshooting, repair and approval of production runs using accepted quality standards.
- Interface with the Quality, Materials and Scheduling personnel to ensure efficient resolution of problems and minimal machine downtime.
- Monitor molding parameters using approved techniques, to ensure conformance to quality guidelines and standard cycles.
- Initiate MCA's and work orders to correct problems with molds, molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Comprehend and work with material handling systems.
- Coordinate and assist with training and corrective action completion/monitoring.
- Supervise shift employees and manage the performance process, including conducting performance reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain housekeeping and organization of entire production floor and warehouse (5s').
- Coordinate staffing and/or machine assignments, including prioritization of secondary operations, mold changes, processing problems.
- Read and follow all instructions on the Quality Assurance Requirements document (QAR).
- Visually inspect product to the requirements as specified on the QAR and the General Appearance Samples (GAS), prior to start-up submission.
- Perform line clearing in the event of process interruptions and/or adjustments.
- Follow company safety rules, procedures, policies and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Strive to be a contributing and supportive member of our team.
- Display a cooperative and positive attitude toward your teammates.
- Perform other duties as may be required or requested.