Manager Technical Logistics /Transportation - NBC Sports & Olympics
Job Title Manager Technical Logistics /Transportation - NBC Sports & Olympics
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports is synonymous with superior production that elevates the event, broad promotion, and mutually-beneficial partnerships. Known as America's Olympic Network, NBC has broadcast 12 Olympic Games, more than any other network. Its ability to amass large audiences with broad promotion, particularly for the Olympics, has resulted in NBC Sports broadcasting nine of the top 10 most-watched events in U.S. television history, including the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games which stands at No. 1 all time with 215 million viewers. In 2009, NBC Sports won the prestigious Peabody Award for its production of the Beijing Games and was named ‘Best in Sports Television' at the Sports Business Awards.
Country United States
Responsibilities Job Scope
Manage a high quality domestic and International goods transportation service along with third party operations, for NBC Sports Group in the areas of broadcast and production equipment and supplies and services. This will include, but is not limited to: Defining and analyzing transportation strategies and networks, implementing cost control measures at all points related to processing domestic and international volume, understanding country specific requirements, internal and external customer specific requirements, handling expediting requirements from supplier to receipt, regulatory requirements, and performing audits and implanting controls that provide the required customer service levels and processes to attain project cost and service goals.
- Manage the overall Sports and Olympic transportation strategy including all international and domestic transportation services
- Manage domestic and international trade compliance procedures and adherence including customs import/export compliance as well as internal audit compliance
- Manage communication and expediting from order to receipt and assist with PO closure
- Work together with the internal and external customers and suppliers on load planning and transportation timelines for a just in time delivery program
- Minimum five (5) years proven experience in area transportation and or logistics, air and sea
- Proven knowledge of diverse transportation modes and working knowledge of International Shipping Documentation and compliance (Regulatory Inspections, Customs Documentation, commodity classification)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and Analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on management approach that encourages change and creative problem-solving
- Ability to meet strict time frames in environments with zero tolerance for failure
- Must possess experience and influencing skills necessary to manage cross-functional and third party reporting relationships and processes
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #8673BR)
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, Connecticut
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States