About Us NBC Owned Television Stations is the division of NBCUniversal that includes 10 local television stations and their digital channels and websites, as well as a group of out-of-home properties and a production company. The ten stations produce and deliver compelling and unique local news, information and entertainment programming to viewers in the communities they serve, which include New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dallas-Fort Worth, Washington, D.C., Miami, San Diego and Connecticut, with a goal of connecting to their audiences anytime and anywhere.
City West Hartford
Country United States
Responsibilities Responsible for IT systems, broadcast equipment and facility maintenance, live field trucks and transmitter maintenance, coupled with project initiatives for NBC Connecticut and the NBC Universal Owned Stations reporting to the Director of Technology & Engineering.
- Work as a member of the station's engineering team and the division's technology team to implement state of the art technical facilities at a competitive television station. Brainstorm and develop, with the assistance of other team members, new solutions for news operations and television transmissions. Interface with news and Production Operations employees to troubleshoot time-critical applications and systems
- Respond to employees' requests regarding tools and resources they need for their job. Determine solutions through process improvements with existing technology or purchasing new equipment. Research equipment and determine whether it appropriately supports our technical facility, improves the operation, streamlines a process or reduces errors. Identify solutions where new equipment may result in savings to the company. Examine all solutions to ensure implementation – process improvement or new equipment – is cost efficient.
- Participate in the station's Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) program. Take part in the program by administering at least one program element. Handle other elements of the program by working with other EHS team members. Follow through with assignments to be sure the station is in compliance with all EHS training, policies and initiatives.
- Demonstrates an understanding of news operations, control systems, transmission, videotape, and server based workflows and microwave and satellite systems.
- Ability to perform unit functions on a regular basis
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds of gear
- Skills in video and audio production as related to Mac or PC environment and knowledge of internet based video products such as Skype
- Knowledge of current wireless, cell, android and iPad applications and use
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work overtime with short notice
- Ability to work any of a 24/7 shift, holidays, weekends and respond to breaking news events.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver's license
- B.S. Engineering, Information Technology or related field.