3M HIS Manager, Strategic Business Development - (Silver Spring, MD / St Paul, MN / Murray, UT)
Title: 3M HIS Manager, Strategic Business Development - (Silver Spring, MD / St Paul, MN / Murray, UT)
3M HIS Manager, Strategic Business Development
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
3M Health Information Systems, Inc., is the leader in providing healthcare funding and performance management solutions. With more than 5,000 customers, 3M Health Information Systems enables healthcare providers to enhance operations, shorten revenue cycle times, improve patient care and achieve an electronic health record solution.
The position is responsible for include defining and executing pro-active strategies for assigned Healthcare IT and/or Payer vendor segment, including products, price, and penetration goals. In this role, he/she will work closely with the Director of Strategic Business Development to execute strategic imperatives and growth objectives for target segment. In addition, he/she will be responsible for fostering and maintaining multi-dimensional strategic relationships with decision makers at identified business partners.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Define and execute proactive strategies for assigned segment: products, price, targets, and penetration goals
- Foster multi-dimensional, strategic relationships with vendors
- Fortify existing business and make it easier for Provider customers to do business with 3M and other vendors
- Evaluate incoming” requests for partnership against plan segment
- Close deals and grow 3M footprint and profit
- Report on status and ensure that 3M resources are aligned to meet customer needs
- Build strategic plan for assigned segment; including list of targeted accounts and growth objectives
- Effective prioritization of targeted activities with incoming calls from segment
- Retention of existing business within the segment
- Coordination with Business Units, legal, marketing, and contracting
- Build strategic relationships with vendors; identify unique opportunities for expansion; determine specific routes that meet commercial, technical, and timing requirements
- Map politics – Uncover and validate the political power structures and create innovative solutions that meet these needs
- Identify negotiate and close contracts with vendors
- Proven experience with business development and the ability to make creative deals
- Strong business acumen and analysis skills – evaluate impact on operating margin/income
- Ability to make sound decisions in stressful business situations
- Master's degree in business, marketing or equivalent preferred
- Broad based business acumen
- Ability to influence the organization across multiple levels
- Ability to move fast, be bold, and thrive in a dynamic, quickly-changing environment
- Interest in technology and the ability to explain complex concepts in everyday terms.
- Strong strategic thinker, but ready, willing, and able to get hands-on in the details.
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives simultaneously and prioritize according to meeting revenue goals.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
This position is a 3MHISposition and is therefore not a 3M benefited position. The position is subject to the benefit package under 3MHISbenefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager.
No relocation available