Product Marketing Manager
Job Title: Product Manager
Work Location: Portland, Oregon Area
Compensation and Benefits: DOE
The Product Manager (PM) shares responsibility for product-focused marketing and management for products and services. The PM develops and edits product roadmap, supports and provides input to future R&D, as well as supports overall strategic and marketing plans under the direction of the Senior Product Manager. The PM provides and generates content marketing campaigns and materials, and participates in marketing projects. The PM helps to support the Sales team and works closely with Professional Services on go-to-market activities. A significant aspect of the PM role also involves working with Engineering on product features and requirements and with the Program Management Office on product planning.
Within the Marketing Group the Product Manager may have the opportunity to progress into a Senior Product Management role as their skills and abilities progress.
The Product Manager participates in all phases of the product lifecycle. Fundamental functions of the role require the ability to work in cross functional environment with multi-discipline teams representing operational, technical, and management capacities.
• Develop and implement messaging platforms that clearly position the company and its product lines in the marketplace.
• Create high-impact internal and customer-facing materials that clearly communicate the value and unique advantage of products.
• Produce vertical-specific content and materials to better reach target industries and potential partners.
• Generate content for use in marketing and social media channels.
• Develop website content to drive sales through clear, high-impact company and product information.
• Develop and maintain product collateral including datasheets, whitepapers, case studies, press releases, and trade journal articles.
• Develop and manage sales tools including sales presentations, ROI calculators, needs analysis tools, scripts, letters, and positioning documents.
• Establish and maintain a marketing relationship with key customers who are willing to be references for case studies and speaking events.
• Review and edit RFP responses and other sales proposals.
• Assist with sales training on product positioning - ensure all sales members can internalize and clearly communicate our product positioning and message.
• Define pricing and conduct pricing analysis.
• Articulate market dynamics and present a passion and strong ability to understand and analyze competitive trends.
• Plan and participate in marketing events such as trade shows and conferences.
• Translate customer and market input into product requirements documents.
• Feed market requirements into the product planning and development process.
• Engage in product planning with the Program Management Office and Engineering departments.
• Participate in internally-driven product releases.
• Review requirements for custom projects and identify opportunities to make broad improvements for all customers.
• Provide input on user-interface design and customer experience.
• Communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences (sales, customers, executives).
• Provide input to resources writing product documentation and be able to write product documentation (e.g., release notes).
Required Skills And Experience
• Bachelors degree in a role related discipline from an accredited university or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of 6 years business experience with at least 2 years experience in Product Marketing or Product Management capacity.
• Must be a great writer with experience developing high-impact sales materials.
• Solid understanding of software architecture, software development lifecycles and commonly used software technologies with a blend of business savvy.
• Capable of conversing with different audiences, appropriately adjusts technical content to meet different audience knowledge and interest.
• Must have proven record of creating a positive and efficient working relationships.
• Extremely positive customer service orientation.
• Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Self-directed and creative resolution seeker.
• Highly skilled at interacting competently with subordinates, peers, functional managers, and customers.
• Technology and business tools savvy.
• Strong knowledge of marketing best practices, software industry, and product management methods.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 25 % locally or on national basis.