Facility Services Manager
AmeriCold Logistics, the largest provider of temperature controlled distribution services in the US, is seeking a Facility Services Manager to join the team at our Tarboro, NC facility.
Primary Responsibility: Maintain safe, effective and functional facilities by directing installation, maintenance, and repair of machines, tools, equipment, and utility systems for refrigerated warehouse.
- Identifies current and future maintenance requirements by establishing rapport with management, engineering, and production personnel and technicians to understand maintenance requirements at the warehouse.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual maintenance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures production operations by determining work priorities and scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment.
- Supports product development and improvement by reviewing new product plans; discussing equipment needs and modifications with design engineers; coordinating activities of technicians and workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment.
- Designs, implements, and modifies preventive maintenance programs by reviewing production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics; inspecting operating machines, equipment, and systems for conformance with operational standards.
- Directs maintenance operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing programs and personnel policies and procedures including Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action.
- Complies with all OSHA regulations and PSM requirements.
- Ensures compliance with mechanical, electrical and all other municipal and state codes.
- Resolves maintenance problems by conferring with management, engineering, and quality control personnel.
- Protects employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Completes maintenance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; follows up on work results.
- Maintains maintenance staff by selecting, indoctrinating, and training employees.
- Very familiar with operating and troubleshooting ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Computer skills should include Excel Spreadsheets and Word.
Qualifications And Requirements
- Minimum 7 years maintenance experience with at least 2 years experience scheduling and supervising the work of others
- Prior experience in running a refrigerated warehouse system, material handling, repair, and building maintenance required
Keyword: Refrigerated Warehousing, Facility Manager