Operations & Maintenance Working Foreman (union) Honolulu, Hi
Title: OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE WORKING FOREMAN (UNION) Honolulu, HI
Supervises and performs various skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the installation, repair, maintenance and operation of mechanical, electrical, environmental controls and life safety systems throughout the region. Applies specialized knowledge and expertise across many different disciplines and ensures an efficient and safe working environment.
- Schedules and assigns personnel to complete building maintenance activities including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, painting and general maintenance.
- Provides leadership to the team at the facility.
- Ensures proper operation of systems in compliance with required regulations and codes.
- Evaluates operation of equipment through use of instrumentation.
- Tests and calibrates HVAC and building environmental controls ensuring equipment is functioning correctly.
- Performs necessary tasks to complete projects as required for the up keep of the facility, prepares accurate records of testing, predictive maintenance, preventative maintenance, maintenance routines and energy data.
- Inspects and repairs pumps, fans, valves and motors ensuring proper operation of the facility equipment and systems. To include boilers, chillers, cooling towers, generators and any other building mechanical systems.
- Capability to perform duties as a facility engineer in a large facility and/or mobile engineer responsible for several facility located in a designated geographic area.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards of business ethics and conduct.
- Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned.
- Required to work both scheduled and unscheduled overtime to support facilities activities. During outages and emergency events, will be assigned responsibilities outside of normal work duties and at hours outside of normal work day.
- Responsible for following facilities safety procedures, guidelines, and rules as job functions are performed and reporting any unsafe condition.
- Responsible for knowing and following the facilities environmental procedures and reporting any environmental conditions.
- Responsible for knowing and following Maintenance Department procedures and policies.
- Required to actively participate in and complete all required training programs.
- Member of, or willing to join Local 142.
Basic Duties Include
- The supervision of building operating engineers and mechanical personnel
- Administration of preventive maintenance program; ensures on-time completions.
- Administration of Small projects