Jeweler Special Events
Job DetailsJeweler Special Events - (8656-2461)
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
This details all the information about the job posting.
Jeweler Special Events
8656 - Store Support Center - Irving, TX 75038 US (Primary)
Jeweler - Remount / Special Events
Zale Corporation is a leading specialty retailer of fine jewelry in North America, operating approximately 1,800 retail locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, as well as online. Zale Corporation's portfolio of brands includes Zales Jewelers, Zales Outlet, Gordon's Jewelers, Peoples Jewellers, Mappins Jewellers, and Piercing Pagoda.
Zale Corporation offers exciting career opportunities in each of the Zale businesses. We look for bright, enthusiastic and performance-driven people to join our team and become an important part of our future.
We provide competitive wages and benefits for eligible positions. We are currently in the process of hiring Full-Time and Part-Time Jewelery Consultants.
Zale Corporation is looking for ambitious Trunk Show Jewelers. You will have the opportunity to use your unique jewelry repair skills as you support special events in our retail stores. This newly created, dynamic team will get to travel the country to promote our proprietary jewelry lines. If you're a focused and influential self-starter with proven jewelry repair track record, it's time for your career to sparkle!
Regular schedule will consist of a 6-day work week with an average of 66 hours (including travel time) per week. You will be scheduled five to six (5 - 6) weeks on and then two (2) weeks off.
Essential Duties Are
- Create, re-size, mount, and repair jewelry for Special Retail Event guests.
- Position stones and metal pieces, and set, mount, and secure items in place.
- Create jewelry from materials such as gold, silver, platinum, and precious or semi-precious stones.
- Make repairs, such as enlarging or reducing ring sizes, soldering pieces of jewelry together, and replacing broken clasps and mountings.
- Examine assembled or finished products to ensure conformance to guidelines set by the corporation.
- Perform quality inspections on all completed work to ensure the highest quality standards are met.
- Provide excellent quality and guest service to all guests.
- Provide assistance with the daily administrative duties related to Special Retail Events.
- Build and maintain professional knowledge.
Assist With Inventory Control
- Assure inventory is secure at the close of each day of the event.
- Assure inventory is secure while transporting to subsequent events
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in general jewelry repair or Jewelry Trade School graduate. Experience in a manufacturing/production environment a plus.
- Ability to perform and/or learn various jewelry techniques to repair, assemble, and polish; including stone setting, sizing, specialty settings, re-tipping, etc.
- Knowledge of various metals, including gold, platinum, and silver.
- Ability to work with diamonds and colored gem stones.
- Knowledge of jeweler's tools, machinery, and equipment.
- DCA or GIA Certified.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships.
- Ability to sit for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must assist with lifting up to 70 pounds (jeweler's bench)
High School diploma or equivalent required. Certification in jewelry repair will be given preference.