Project Manager Consultant - Windows 7 Migration
Career Developers is urgently seeking an experienced senior-level Project Manager for a contract engagement for a Windows 7 migration project.
Term: 3 - 5 months, must be able to start immediately
Onsite only; no telecommute option
Project scope: Program leadership and project management for the effort to roll Windows 7 to desktops and laptops to all home office users in the Commercial business unit, including remote workers.
General Job Description
• Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan
• Overseeing execution of the project plan
• Managing co-ordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work
• Managing and leading multiple projects.
• Recording and managing project issues/risks and escalating where necessary.
• Coordinating and resolving cross-functional issues at project level.
• Managing project scope
• Managing project within the defined budget.
• Tracking project metrics.
• Monitoring and reporting project progress and performance.
• Providing status reports to the project sponsor.
• Continuously ensuring project readiness
• Experience prioritizing for successful on time completion.
• Working closely with users to ensure the project meets business needs.
• Management of Lessons Learnt.
• Should have 10+ years of total experience with relevant experience in Project Management
• Should have done Windows7 migration in current project
• Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Must be customer oriented, with focus on user satisfaction and minimizing business impact.
• Ability to successfully work with politically sensitive situations
4 year degree preferred. PMP certification preferred.