The Veterinary Technician supports the veterinarians in ensuring quality veterinary care for all pets, advocates for pets, educates clients on all aspects of pet health, and ensures a safe and effective hospital environment.
Essential Responsibilities And Tasks
- Provide exceptional professional service at all times including recruiting new client and promoting the Banfield brand.
- Obtain relevant information in order to maintain proper and complete medical charts.
- Utilize technical skills to the fullest, within state practice acts regarding duties of credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Assist with surgery as applicable.
- Ensure the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
- Educate clients and promote hospital services such as our preventative care Optimum Wellness Plans.
- Mentor other members of the team that work within the hospital.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to work with small animals under conditions with loud noises & strong odors.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, climb, lift, carry & move up to 50 pounds.
- Veterinary technician certification or licensure required (CVT, RVT, LVT, and LVMT) with ability to perform all required skills of AVMA accredited veterinary technology programs at a level in which to aid in the efficiency of the practice.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an AVMA accredited veterinary technology program preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year related experience required with customer service preferred.