Sr. Software Engineer
Generac Power Systems - a leading manufacturer of generators and industrial engines -- is seeking a Software Engineer for its Waukesha, WI location.
The Software Engineer will be involved in the development and testing of new high performance mixed signal products and will help to develop our existing software base. This will involve the creation of new design proposals and specifications and prototype testing of new control algorithms, both in lab and on real products.
• Creation of software specifications
• New control algorithm design
• New Software module designs and documentation
• Creation of test specifications for new systems
• Maintenance of existing software and documentation
• Participate in formal design reviews
• Testing new hardware designs via custom software
• Creation of PC based testing tools (in software)
• Bachelor’s degree in a software or electronics related field
• Minimum of 5 years experience in embedded software design using the “C” language
• Real time software experience using microcontrollers a MUST
• Knowledge of microprocessor hardware interfacing techniques, such as IIC, SPIbus, EEprom, Flash, RS232/485, analog interfaces, etc.
• Use and understanding of interrupt structures
• Experience using debugging tools such as ICE
• Automotive experience
• Knowledge of PID Loops