Facilities Engineer, Project Manager
Location of Position Deerfield, IL
Provide project management leadership, technical expertise and problem solving capability in support of capital projects and complex business problems within multiple engineering disciplines. Develop innovative engineering solutions, which enhance physical plant infrastructures and permit/accommodate growth in manufacturing capabilities. Deliver strategic projects, which increase company profitability through cost competitive strategies, employment of sound financial judgment and control of project expenses. Implement assigned projects including internal development and budgeting, contracting with, providing direction to and supervising design engineering and construction firms.
Keep abreast of industry trends and maintain a working knowledge of governmental standards and regulatory requirements on a worldwide basis. Maintain an awareness of current and emerging technology available to comply with all requirements in a repeatable and cost effective manner. Apply this knowledge to the resolution of complex problems and to the development of unique, appropriate and innovative design solutions, which assist each of our facilities in meeting their business plans.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Evaluate various assigned projects and make recommendations as to project objective and definition.
- Provide multiple engineering options and alternative solutions to support a multitude of business programs.
- Develop the project scope of work for internal concurrence and for use in the selection of the design/engineering firm.
- Prepare project cost estimates, schedules, cash flow projections and maintain project cost control.
- Provide direction to various design/engineering firms to assure all project and Baxter needs are incorporated. Oversee design development and bid document preparation.
- Supervise facility construction, equipment procurement and installation in terms of quality, schedule and appropriateness of technological solutions. Ensure that the project has appropriate resources during the execution phase. Ensure construction implementation consistent with safety plan.
- Assist with the commissioning and start-up of facilities and equipment.
Travel, ± 40% on a global basis, will be necessary. Must be prepared to travel as assigned, which may require extended trips to remote locations with arduous conditions.
Doing Work that Matters Baxter provides its employees with comprehensive compensation and benefits. To view additional opportunities at Baxter and to learn more about the company, please visit our Web site at http://www.careers.baxter.com/. EOE M/F/D/V.