Manager Payroll Tax and Accounting
PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica is the second largest institutional pharmacy company in America. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in over 40 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
We are recruiting for a Manager of Payroll Tax and Accounting to join our growing team in Louisville, Kentucky. This candidate will manage and participate in the processing of employee and employer tax payments and monthly/quarterly/annual filings to Federal, State and Local Agencies (including SUI and FUI) accurately and in a timely manner. Owner of month end analysis, account reconciliations and journal entries to support company deadlines.
- Manage the processes to adhere to all regulatory and compliance payroll tax and accounting rules. Keep abreast of all updates and maintain systems with updates.
- Lead role for payroll tax and accounting in projects that impact payroll processing (requirements gathering, use case development, system testing, and other duties as defined by the SDLC). Compiles and generates miscellaneous payroll tax information as requested.
- Prepares quarterly and year-end federal, state and local tax returns, and all processes that feed to tax information output including magnetic media filings. Ensure all W2s are reconciled and distributed timely.
- Maintain state unemployment records including updating payroll/payroll tax systems and communicating this information to I/S development and unemployment consultants.
- Ensure bank and ledger account reconciliations are performed within guidelines of SOX compliance.
- Document procedures, implement and execute, consistently re-evaluate the efficiency and completeness of the documented processes. Ensure policies and procedures are in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Create ad-hoc reports to meet the needs of facilities, corporate departments, management and regulatory agencies as requested.
- Provides recommendations and solutions to management for opportunities to streamline and automate existing processes. Contributes technically and analytically to the achievement of these solutions.
- Become the subject matter expert of the accounting and payroll tax applications. Cross-train knowledge to staff.
- Manage relationships with vendors and taxing authorities.
- Provide management and guidance to staff.
- Partner with Human Resource staff to ensure employee records are accurate.
- Contribute to the success of the entire payroll team.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Business
- 8+ years experience in payroll taxes and accounting. Must include full scope of preparing and filing for multi-state with on-line and electronic filing.
- Strong knowledge of Common Pay Agent filing.
- Knowledge of MasterTax or other tax software.
- Knowledge of SAP helpful.
- Strong accounting skills.
Qualified, interested candidates, please apply online.
(502) 261-2378 - fax