Lpn - Licensed Practical Nurse
Choose From One Of The Following Shift Times
7am - 7:15pm or 7pm - 7:15am
LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse
John Knox Village is one of the nation's largest continuing care retirement communities. As a village within Lee's Summit, MO, we provide an amazing array of services for our residents, customers and patients. Due to our continued growth, we are seeking LPN's who will assist with providing superior quality services to our patients/residents.The licensed practical nurse performs selected acts for the promotion of health and in the care of persons who are ill, injured, or experiencing alterations in the normal health processes. Such performance requires substantial specialized skill, knowledge and judgment. All such nursing care shall be given under the direction of a registered nurse. Employees of John Knox Village are expected to be supportive of Village mission and values.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Knowledge of the nursing process and utilizes this defined system to deliver care to assigned residents.
- Completes required documentation of nursing care, utilizing approved forms and methods.
- Supports and provides independent nursing care to assigned patients / residents.
- Provides competent, dependent nursing care, processes physicians' orders in a timely manner, dispenses medications and performs treatments.
- Responsible for delegation of appropriate tasks to staff, gives report, corrects and updates resident profiles, follows up on assignments.
- Implements, observes, has knowledge of appropriate patients / resident and employee safety practices, i.e. restraints, residents rights, fire / safety, resident transfers.
- Participates in and supports appropriate infection control practices, universal precautions, hazardous waste, CDC guideline's.
- Responsible for communication of patient / resident care needs and requirements to the registered nurse, unit supervisor, physician and other Village Care Center departments.
- Participates in evaluating the quality and appropriateness of care-quality assessment and assurance (PIP / CQI).
- Maintains professional competency and conduct. Expands knowledge base in practical nursing.
- Graduate of an accredited School of nursing
- Licensed practical nurse in the state of Missouri.
- Must have excellent social, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Essential aptitudes include: spatial, clerical and form perception, color discrimination, motor coordination, finger dexterity, manual dexterity, and eye/ hand/foot coordination.
- Must have ability to follow instructions
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must have multitasking and problem solving abilities
Background Check and Drug Screen Required.
To apply for this position, click Apply Now.