Resident Personal Care Nurse Assistant
(IDEAL FOR NURSING STUDENTS!) A generous heart, a warm spirit and a genuine compassion for others. These qualities best describe the special people who work at Elmcroft. We are trusted members of an extended family who find great personal reward in bringing happiness into the lives of our residents.
Elmcroft of Medina, Medina City's only Ohio Department of Health 'deficiency-free' Assisted Living Community in 2011 and 2012, is looking for a Resident Personal Care Nurse Assistantfor our assisted living facility.
Resident Assistants/Personal Aidesfor Elmcroft
- Verifies identity of Resident receiving medication, checks the MAR to assure correct medication is being given, and records time of administration or self-administration on specified forms or records. (Determined by community policy and State regulations).
- Supervises the self-administration of medications by presenting medication to Resident and observing ingestion or other application, or administers medication to assure all medication is being taken as directed. (Determined by community policy or State regulations).
- Obtains and records Resident's vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates), weight, food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Observes Resident to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Answers Residents' call signals to determine Residents' needs in 7 minutes or less according to Elmcroft Standards.
- Encourages Residents to do things for themselves to retain feelings of independence and self-esteem. Maintains dignity of resident in all instances.
- Maintain safety of residents by removing items from their path in their room, encouraging them to use ambulatory devices as needed, provide security when bathing, dressing and walking as necessary.
- Observe Resident privacy by knocking on doors before entering, assuring privacy during baths or bathroom time, and while dressing and undressing.
- Assure resident hygiene by following bath schedule, and providing baths and/or sponge baths at all other times as is necessary to keep the resident clean and odor-free.
- Assists resident with dressing as needed and assigned, so that resident will be dressed for season and time of day.
- Assists resident with toileting as needed and assigned, so that resident will maintain good toileting habits and continence when possible.
- Assists residents with ambulation as needed and assigned so that residents can move safely through the building.
- Assists residents with transferring as needed and assigned so that residents remain safe when transferring.
- Provide verbal reminders to residents as needed when it is time for meals, activities, bedtime, etc.
- Observe resident for change in condition and report any unusual occurrence to the Health Care Director and/or supervisor in charge.
- Complete incident report in its entirety for any unusual occurrence, event, or change in condition including only information pertinent to the incident (no elaboration).
- Helps keep clothes clean by assisting resident in sorting clean and dirty clothing, check closets periodically for soiled clothing. Assure clean clothes are hung neatly in closet.
- Launder clothes according to manufacturers suggestions and return to resident rooms, hang neatly in closet or fold in drawers.
- Assist with meal service by setting tables, serving residents, providing necessary refills or seconds, and removing dishes as residents are finished eating. Bus tables after meals to assist in cleaning the dining room. Vacuum room as assigned.
- Provide miscellaneous assistance to resident such as helping reach something, find a lost item, redirection as needed, and so forth.
- Provides daily assistance in addition