Certified Nurse Aide - Cna
A dynamic and growing leader in Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation,our organization isdedicated to providing quality care to all patients. We are looking for dedicated and passionate individuals who want to learn and grow with our organization.
The Certified Nursing Assistant provides direct care to residents, under the supervision of a licensed nurse in accordance with facility policies and procedures and report resident needs and concerns to a licensed nurse.
Essential Duties Include But Are Not Limited To
- Follow established performance standards and perform duties according to nursing service policies and procedures.
- Assist new employees in following established facility policies and procedures.
- Identify resident problems and concerns and report them immediately to a charge nurse or a licensed nurse.
- Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
- Make frequent rounds on the residents assigned to facilitate their needs being met.
- Report observations, resident condition changes and any other pertinent resident information to the licensed nursing staff to assist in the ongoing assessment, development and revision to the plan of care.
- Carry out your responsibilities as a team member for implementing the plan of care by reviewing the assigned resident care objectives and actions and complete them accurately and completely.
- Report any work that you are unable to complete or need assistance with.
- Document information required on the designated forms or record as instructed on each tour of duty.
- Maintain resident confidentiality. Respect and protect their rights at all times.
- Consistently work cooperatively with residents, all nurses, other nursing assistants, physicians, families, consultant personnel and ancillary service providers.
- Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel to assure that nursing services can be maintained to meet he needs of the residents.
- Work with team-mates in a supportive and helpful manner to achieve the best delivery of direct care.
Perform direct care duties including ,but not limited to ,the following:
- Assure that residents have call lights at hand and are answered promptly.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living as per plan of care.
- Assure residents receive the adequate assistance with meals, nourishment and transportation to meal service areas as necessary.
- Perform specific meal / fluid monitoring or other hydration encouragement as directed.
- Consistently verify identity of residents before serving meals or rendering assigned care.
- Assist with admissions and perform the inventory and marking of personal possessions as instructed.
- Assist residents with dental care , oral hygiene and special mouth care, bathing functions, dressing/undressing, nail care, hair care, clothing and linen changes, and positioning of residents as instructed.
- Assist residents with bowel and bladder functions, intake and output recording, incontinency care, monitoring of bowel movements, giving enemas and specimen collection (i.e., urine, stool etc.) as instructed and trained to perform.
- Provide bedside fresh water, make beds (occupied and unoccupied), assist in preparing for medical tests (i.e., lab work, x-ray, etc.) and assist to activity and social programs.
- Monitor rooms for adequate lighting, safety hazards or appropriate temperature levels to promote the comfort and safety of the residents.
- Use only the equipment you have been trained on, in a safe manner, and use the equipment and supplies necessary to do the job so as not to be wasteful.
- Clean, disinfect and return all resident care equipment to its designated storage area after each use as instructed.
- Assist residents to/from appointments, with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs lifts, etc.
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as instructed including but not limited to ambulation with or with or without self-help devices, range of motion exercises, independence with ADLs etc.
- Obtain and record resident weights, measurements, temperature, pulse and respirations and other as directed.
- Assist the care of the dying resident and provide post-mortem care as instructed.
- Report the following:
- All accidents and incidents you observe on the shift they occur.
- All complaints or grievances made by the residents.
- Occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials and hazardous chemicals.
- Hazardous conditions or problems with equipment, all safety violations.
- Any communicable or infectious diseases.
- Known or suspected incidents of abuse of a resident.
- Injuries of an unknown source including skin tears.
- The presence of pressure areas or skin breakdown.
- Utilize physical restraints only as directed and monitor per instructions and per policy and procedure of the facility.
- Practice stringent hand washing practice and utilize personal protective equipment as instructed for specific tasks identified.
- Identify safety hazards and emergency situations and initiate corrective action as appropriate.
- Follow all established isolation procedures.
- Report to work in neat and clean attire and per dress code.
- Perform good attendance and punctuality.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties (i.e. clean bedrails, over-bed table, night stand etc. as necessary to keep the residents room neat and clean.
- Attend mandatory meetings and participate in in-services and any other form of learning to achieve required continuing education to maintain registered nurse aide status.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be a State Registered or Certified Nursing Aide in the state for which the position is held.
1st and 2nd shift. Full time.