The job you requested, Sr Central Planner/Buyer, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Sr. Central Planner / Buyer - Wood
Masonite is one of the world's leading manufacturers of interior doors and entry door systems.
Throughout the company's 80 year history, Masonite has maintained its focus on leading-edge innovation, manufacturing excellence and superior customer service. Masonite is committed to delivering product and service innovations that will enhance beauty, functionality and architectural design to its customers around the world. Builders, remodelers, architects and homeowners rely on Masonite products to create homes of distinction.
This position will report to the Sr. Central Procurement Manager and will be responsible for tactical execution of centralized buying for Wood to meet the needs of the various Masonite sites. This individual will utilize expert knowledge to plan and purchase goods fully leveraging negotiated supply agreements, determining optimal quantities and loads to achieve best TCO while meeting inventory targets, while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers. Team with site inventory specialist and suppliers to ensure quality, specification and delivery requirements are met. This individual will ensure proper engagement in purchases and projects, resolve escalated key questions from Operations and Sourcing stakeholders and proactively identify and drive mitigation of potential issues to ensure sufficient supply. The individual will coordinates his or her efforts with manufacturing and supervisors warehouse in order to maintain the appropriate level of inventory.
Purchasing And Replenishment
- Responsible for both short and long term replenishment and order placement to meet manufacturing requirements
- Responsible for wood commodity purchasing. This includes both domestic and import supply sources
- Knowledge and experience in wood purchasing – veneer, MDF, composite and hardwood wood door and components, stile, rails and door jambs, particle board, lock blocks to name a few.
- Order placement includes determining requirements, determining EOQ, planning truck or container loads, and tracking inbound logistics through to delivery
- Work with supplier, carrier and logistics as needed to expenditure deliveries.
- Accountable to ensure materials demands are met, working with Operations and Sourcing to providing alternatives plans or substitutions as needed to compensate for shortages, rejections, new priorities and related problems
- Drive total cost of ownership through enforcement and use of national agreements, supplier relationship management on issues and inventory requirements, and active dialog with operations to identify opportunities and risks
- Maintain delivery confirmations and acknowledgements to ensure timely deliveries, resolving and pricing or date issues with supplier. Run, update, and maintain the Purchase Order Status Report and resolutions on backorders.
- Implement resolutions to any material issues that may affect safety, quality or productivity for all facilities. Ensures that all purchasing and inventory processes are SOX compliant.
- Utilize stock out reports and other tools to identify inventory discrepancies that will impact supply requirements.
- Responsible to ensure procurement process disciples impacting inventory accuracy. This includes management of open order file, open RTV request and supplier pricing. Ensure the accuracy of lead time and sourcing table, supplier contact lists and pricing tables
- Run inventory count reports to review adjustments and request recounts as needed; identify BOM issues
- Work closely with SIOP and manufacturing to maintain the appropriate levels of inventory.
- Work with Sourcing, supplier and plant inventory specialists for resolution of issues pertaining to pricing, on time deliveries, fill rates, quality and specifications. Support CR Compliance team in root cause identification for supplier service performance tracking.
- Liasion to ensure collaboration and on-going communication between Sourcing Replenishment, Operations for negotiations and inventory or supply resolutions. Participate in Sourcing initiatives and supplier reviews
- Lead and/or participate in sourcing projects and operational projects involving cross-functional team members from multiple facilities.
- Active participation in key operational calls including but not limited to PCR PCR reviews, weekly operations meetings, supplier scorecard reviews and CARB
BA/BS Required in a related field
5+ years' experience in sourcing, supply chain role or materials control
5+ years' experience in manufacturing environment
Experience with integrated ERP system preferred
Experience in a shared service purchasing organization preferred
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing environment and strong process knowledge and persistence to drive change management initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of wood purchasing.
- Understanding of and experience managing to reduce total cost of ownership Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners and work across all levels within the organization.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to engage, develop and lead work groups including both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to analyze data to determine actions and effective in problem solving.
- Previous experience of process improvements utilizing Lean Manufacturing/Kaizen techniques
- Knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulators pertaining to corporate purchasing practices
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with advance competency in Microsoft applications; Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding organizational/planning and interpersonal skills and attention to detail Knowledge of the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, and other commodities