The job you requested, Traveling MDS Coordinator, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Job is located in Andrews, NC.
FUNCTION: Responsible for the coordination of all minimum data sets in the facility and submission to the state.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Be aware of weekly-computerized resident profiles to keep the MDS current and accurate
- Keep unit tracking sheets on target as to accuracy of dates
- Develop a working relationship with all licensed staff and Certified Nursing Assistants to be able to accurately coordinate the MDS
- Provide ongoing education for employees involved in MDS documentation
- Coordinate with all other departments, including Rehabilitation Services, Activities, Social
- Services and Dietary for documentation in the MDS
- Handle PPS residents and calculate RUGS scores
- Maintain accurate records of PPS dates
- Complete Raps and Triggers for all comprehensive MDSs
- Complete a yearly MDS for all residents
- Complete a quarterly MDS for all residents
- Complete changes in status for the MDS
- Communicate status of the MDS with other disciplines on a daily basis
- Input all MDSs and Quarterly MDSs and lock into computer
- Print Raps and Triggers
- Submit to Pro-Tracking on a weekly basis
- Analyze all validation reports
- Send submissions to the facilitators
- Attend and participate in mandatory meetings, in-services and training sessions as required
- Protect residents rights to assure fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individual privacy and dignity, as well as property and civil rights
- Observe infection control procedures related to the department and the facility
- Attend training and practices procedures related to safety of environment; safety, security, hazardous materials, life safety (R.A.C.E procedures), medical equipment and utility system (ex: call lights)
- Deal tactfully with personnel, residents, visitors and the general public
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Director of Nursing
- In cases of emergency, will assist residents out of facility
Demonstrates active listening techniques; gains support through effective relationships; treats others with dignity and respect; seeks feedback; sets clear standards for performance; evaluates job performance and provides effective feedback; establishes systems to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and service; creates and maintains reporting mechanisms.
Attends in-service and education programs; attends continuing education required for maintenance of professional certification or licensure. Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here representative those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop; kneel; crouch; and taste or smell.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Employee must demonstrate working knowledge of and compliance with the Company Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations.
Employee shall ensure utmost regard for the protection of resident health information and company sensitive information including compliance with company policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs
- Freedom from use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplacePersons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in the position
- Able to supervise, instruct and motivate other
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in independent functioning and strong leadership
Education and/or Experience: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Prior experience in long-term care preferred. Ability to function effectively in multi-faceted systems and to interact effectively with all levels of staff and customers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of practice
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to communicate orally and through written reports and other documents relating to residents, staff and others. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.