Optical Engineer - Illumination
Title: Optical Engineer - Illumination
Location: United States-Indiana
Job Number: 14320
Valeo Sylvania is a leader in the automotive lighting industry and supplies advanced lighting assemblies for forward, rear, signaling, and interior applications to the major automotive manufacturers in the United States. The operation was founded in 1978 and is a joint venture with 50/50 ownership between Valeo and OSRAM Sylvania. Our headquarters, including manufacturing and R&D is located in Seymour, Indiana and allows us to be close to our customers: Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, Nissan, Honda, and Toyota. Valeo Sylvania also operates a manufacturing facility in Queretaro, Mexico and a sales office in Dearborn, Michigan. The company is home to nearly 1,500 employees, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team!
In the role of Optical Engineer candidates will design and develop optical systems for forward lighting and signal lighting utilizing standard light sources, such as filament bulb and HID, and new light source technologies, such as LEDs, combined with light-guide, lens, or reflector optical solutions.
Key Functions Are
- Develop optical systems to meet customer specifications and federal regulations.
- Optical design development for lighting products that is in accordance with the various phases of a program schedule, i.e. feasibility, design, design verification, certification, production launch.
- Improve and develop optical design methodologies for the enhancement of design productivity and capability.
- Participate and/or manage directly the development of new optical technology in line with Valeo Sylvania Technology Development Plan.
Our Optical Engineer Candidates Must Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Optical Engineering or related field.
- Bachelor's and at least 5 years of related experience.
- Experience with non-imaging optics and photometric measurement systems.
- Experience with 3D CAD systems, CATIA-V5 preferred.
- Experience with optical design and simulation software, ASAP preferred.
- At least two years experience in the design of optical systems for automotive lighting or related area is preferred.
- Understanding of exterior automotive regulations, such FMVSS108 and ECE, is highly desired.
- Problem solving, communication, and team player skills are highly desired.
Along with a highly competitive salary, Valeo Sylvania offers full medical benefits, insurance benefits, matching 401K, wellness programs and tuition reimbursement.