The job you requested, Executive Assistant, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Executive Administrative Assistant
- Composes routine correspondence, answers questions about process(es) and/or products requiring a thorough understanding of subject. Coordinates/facilitates activities for team. Independently composes and sends complex correspondence related to an area of responsibility.
- Prioritizes work and sets own daily routines to meet multiple deadlines, independently follows up on pending matters for which he/she is responsible; develops and maintains electronic and paper filing systems. Sets schedules for self; plans complex activities and events that impact others work routines. Assists in the development of process(es) work plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant processes outside own process and their impact of own work activities. Must know and understand a broad range of processes outside own process(es) and possibly outside of Columbia; properly applies this knowledge in taking action of achieve goals.
- Demonstrates an on-going interest and drive to stay aware and abreast of developments of own area and Columbia; seeks out and acquires relevant information and skills that enhance his/her potential contribution to the work unit. Adapts to constantly increasing skill requirements. Takes the initiative for identifying personal skill areas to be developed. Creates a personal development plan to acquire relevant information and skills that enhance potential contribution to the work unit and process. Actively pursues personal development plan.
- Does more than is required. Willingly volunteers to take on additional work that is not formally part of one-s job. Sees the opportunity to act and make a difference and takes the initiative to do so without over analyzing or waiting until it's too late. Demonstrates a unique extra effort.
- Ability to respond appropriately when faced with difficult situations.
- Follows through on others' immediate inquiries, requests, or complaints by taking action in the form of finding and providing information, referring others to the appropriate person or resource, or providing assistance. Provides service or problem resolution requiring multiple steps to achieve completion. Keeps those being served well informed of progress and timetable.
- Works cooperatively with others to be part of a team to work together as opposed to separately or competitively. Ability to work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. This includes willingness to perform work within a 'role' outside of the traditional concept of a 'job' in order to provide service to others or accomplish goals
- Works to improve own and teams- performance and quality of work by setting and accomplishing challenging goals, competing against a self-defined standard of excellence, and seeking out new approaches to get the job done more effectively. Sets personal work goals beyond management's expectations (e.g. achieve a higher standard of quality or faster work) and make changes in own work procedures to improve the efficiency and quality of her/his work.
- Reviews reports and compares to standards; produces reports, explaining variances. Independently performs analysis and prepares non-routine reports to answer non-routine questions. Independently utilizes higher-level mathematical analysis.
- Demonstrates general concern for order and quality. Works to clarify current work procedures. Works to make roles, expectations, tasks, and data crystal clear. Having the motivation to develop and maintain orderly and effectively work processes. It is expressed in such forms as monitoring and checking progress and quality of work, clarifying expectations, and setting up and maintaining systems of information.
- Recognizes a need for additional information and seeks out someone who may know the answer or can direct them to a resource. Finds resources for meeting a need or improving the ability to perform work.
- Follows clear direction and established routines. Verifies, prepares or classifies simple or routine transactions which are common and well known to the process, such as invoices or expense statements.
- Creates and formats complex spreadsheets and presentations using advanced functions of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Creates and generates standard database report or enters and edits data using standard routines. Performs data backups. Develops and maintains complex databases; modifies when necessary. Creates custom database reports; or generates complex reports that require coordinating activities with other processes or companies.
- Performs maintenance and/or setup of office or specialized equipment.
- The ability to examine problems by identifying patterns and/or breaking problems into manageable parts. This includes knowing when to exercise proper judgment in determining what information needs to be considered, how to use the information and with whom to share conclusions.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties.
- High School diploma or equivalant required. Some college preferred.
- 5-8 years executive level support preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Lotus Notes.
- Extensive experience with Power Point is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and professional demeanor with the ability to take initiative.
- Must be a results-oriented individual who has analytical capabilities and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to respond appropriately when faced with difficult situations and/or high demand situations.
- Ability to work independently OR with direction from the Administrative team and/or customers, including the willingness to perform work within a 'role' outside of the traditional concept of a 'job' in order to provide service to others or accomplish goals.
- Works closely with internal and external customers to provide superior customer service in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for knowing and applying Company safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for safe handling of any Company assets.
Office: Indoors 90%; outdoors 10%. Sitting 65%; standing/walking/bending/lifting 35%. Office location may be at multiple facilities/locations and require travel from one to another; possibly overtime and/or overnight travel. MVR check required.
NiSource Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others' perspectives/convictions, engaging others' opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Commitment To Compliance
Columbia Pipeline Group is committed to regulatory compliance. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all laws and regulations applicable to their job responsibilities.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply on-line at www.nisource.jobs on or before May 29th!
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource companies are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and do not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law. NiSource companies require all employees to adhere strictly to this policy.