Exciting Opportunity for a Transportation Manager
Responsible for the oversight, management, and profitability of the trucking department located within our Reserve, LA Facility. Management Job Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Management of the entire entire transportation group including dispatch office and administration to include hiring, training and supervising.
- Oversight of Independent Contractors in all matters of safety and regulatory compliance;including mandated Safety and DOT Safety training programs, DOT logs, OOS, fuel tax, tags, highway tax, cab cards and liability insurance.
- Responsible for recruiting, contracting and onboarding Independent Contractors to ensure compliance with DOT regulatory and company procedures.
- Produce and maintain accident reports.
- Oversight of the correct application and compliance with all operational procedures.
- To ensure compliance with all safety procedures and operational procedures and criteria in relation to of the employees, department, and facility.
- Regularly review and manage the departments performance to meet budgetary goals via
the information provided by monthly profit and loss statements and to work within company guidelines to achieve desired department performance results.
- To develop and foster an overall feeling of teamwork, efficiency, and excellent customer
service among the employees and fellow managers.
- To promptly and thoroughly investigate any and all service failures and accidents and to
establish effective corrective actions to prevent futurere-occurrences
- To develop formidable relationships and grow respect with the customers we service.
- Work closely with other facilities and other corporate departments such as Safety, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Quality/Processes to achieve corporate goals.
- To expect, apply, and demonstrate a high-level of compliance with respect to the
cleanliness and organization of the facility and the companys equipment.
- Assist the Facility Operations Manager in the daily organization and operation of the facility.
- Managerial experience
- Must be familiar with dispatch and billing procedures
- Knowledge of windows based software
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Proven leadership and ability to motivate
- Must be able to respond to emergencies during off hours as needed
- Strong customer advocacy and customer relationship skills.
- Should be results-oriented and customer focused.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to project positive attitude and flexibility
- Ability to perform research, reporting and analysis as required.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with the appropriate balance of attention to detail and the ability to visualize the larger picture.
- Chemical transportation experience and experience with NVOCCs and freight forwarders would be considered a plus.
The Attractive Compensation And Option Package Available For This Exciting Opportunity Includes
The attractive compensation and option package available for this exciting opportunity includes
- 401K, profit sharing,
- dental insurance,
- medical insurance,
- disability benefits,
- life insurance, and
- vision-care plan.
CBSL Transportation Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening required. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. No phone calls please