Nuclear Med Tech PRN - Forest Campus
The Nuclear Medicine Tech conducts procedures with radioactive isotopes in order to provide diagnostic aid to physicians. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Prepares radioactive isotopes for administration to patients in accordance with physicians' orders.
- Positions patients and adjusts immobilization devices.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses concerns.
- Administers and records isotope dosage utilizing the Syntrac software.
- Performs diagnostic studies on patients using a gamma camera.
- Administers therapeutic doses of radiopharmaceuticals under direction of physician.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows radiation safety techniques in use and disposal of radioactive materials.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Current Certification Of CNMT Or ARRT (N).Experience
Ability to perform Nuclear Medicine procedures following accepted standards and protocols.
Ability to speak and enunciate clearly