The job you requested, Performance Improvement Project Manager, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer
Responsible for leading and managing the dynamics of cross-functional projects to improve manufacturing operations by reducing errors, waste and product defects as well as design and monitor operating mechanisms to ensure the adequacy and efficiency of production processes. This hands-on, technically challenging position will entail all aspects of process engineering & Lean Manufacturing, including specifications review, manufacturing process selection, metallurgical product evaluation and analysis, as well as general process improvement. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to driving Lean initiatives, leading kaizen events, defining control specifications, data collection, process improvement analysis, Lean and Six Sigma training, and utilization of resources to impact cost reduction savings. Participate in or assume leadership role in Lean and Six Sigma improvement teams and multi-organizational projects.
- Lead continuous improvement (e.g., Six Sigma) projects in the context of developing facilitation skill sets in employees
- Provide Engineering support where directed by the Continuous Improvement Manager
- Use Six Sigma tools to perform DOEs and statistical analysis
- Assist in auditing project savings, calculations, and continuous improvement tools usage
- Coach and mentor event/project leaders in concepts, tools and change management techniques
- Assist in establishing Control Plans to ensure sustainment of improvements
- BS in Engineering or related field. Master's Degree Preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to facilitate team-based initiatives and to interact effectively with, and to gain cooperation from, individuals at all levels of the organization.
- 5 years experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment with assignments in Lean Manufacturing/continuous improvement implementation as well as operations leadership preferred.
- Hands-on experience implementing Lean in manufacturing and transactional areas preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to teach/train in Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen tools.
- Must be capable of identifying technical problems and preventing and/or resolving issues rapidly.
- Individual must be comfortable in a Lean, informal, metric driven environment which requires a strong work ethic, team orientation and hands-on management style.
- Individual must be a change agent who knows how to gather and integrate information quickly.
- Requires Project management skills, a logical approach to problem solving, analytical skills and a big-picture understanding with short term tactical focus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional peers as well as upper level management.
- The ability to make independent judgments and utilize problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency and Organizational skills