Purchasing ManagerPosition Location: Buffalo, NY (Corporate Headquarters)
We are currently hiring a Purchasing Manager to lead our Purchasing team by managing all of the internal and external activities of the department. Responsibilities include: developing/implementing improvements to our procurement and inventory processes; managing key vendor and contract manufacturer relationships - including negotiating price, terms/conditions and contracts – and monitoring their performance with input from other departments; analyzing inventory costs, identifying trends/cost reduction opportunities, and making recommendations for future purchases; supporting new product development by coordinating and working with Engineering on sourcing new parts; managing our team of Buyers and providing them with strong leadership and guidance; other projects and tasks as may be assigned.
- 5+ years of purchasing experience with at least 3+ years of management/supervisory experience required
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field preferred; Associates degree with equivalent work experience may be considered
- Proven people/team management and leadership abilities
- Strong vendor relationship management skills
- Excellent negotiation experience
- Lean Manufacturing, ISO and electronics experience is preferred