The job you requested, Registered Nurse, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
64001439-51340343-20130412174501 Agency Name: Health
Working Title: ADVANCED REGISTERED NURSE PRACTITIONER
Broadband/Class Code: 29-1111-03
Position Number: 64001439
Annual Salary Range: $59,030*
Pay Grade/ Pay Band: BB009
Closing Date: 6/30/2013
The State Personnel System is an E-Verify employer. For more information click on our E-Verify website.
Looking for a great place to work? You have found it. The Florida Department of Health Hillsborough County’s mission is to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.
We are seeking a highly energetic Family Practice - Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner to perform physical assessments, review lab results, write referrals and do other activities related to health screenings, as required by Federal law for refugees to resettle in the US.
- Great benefits
- Excellent insurance
- Excellent hours
- Free education
- Competitive Salary
- Great work environment
- Working with a team of RNs and an LPN, health assessments are performed including lab work up, immunizations, risk assessments for various communicable diseases and counseling for things such as smoking cessation and gender appropriate self-exams, etc.
- Lab results are reviewed with referrals written as appropriate
- School physicals
- Initiation of birth control method
- License in the State of Florida as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- Willingness to work in a busy clinical setting.
- Willingness to submit to a background screening and pre-employment drug test.
- For male applicants: Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website:http://www.sss.gov
- In the event of emergency (any threat of disaster or disaster), employees may be required to perform emergency operations functions. Must be willing to work during/beyond normal work hours/days in the event of a disaster.
- Position requires a current certification in CPR. New employee must be willing to obtain CPR certification within the first 6 months of hire. Training is provided through the Florida Department of Health-Hillsborough County.
- Agree to direct deposit.
- Current State Employees - Salary Notes: Salary for current employees is based on employee’s payband/paygrade. Salary for promotions will be based on budget availability and normally will not exceed 5% of the employee’s current salary.
Licensure, Certification Or Registration Requirements
This occupation requires licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes or eligible to practice nursing in accordance with Florida Administrative Code 210-8.22 or 8.27 or Certification as a Physician's Assistant in accordance with Chapter 458, Florida Statutes.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or the People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, eligible veterans and spouses of veterans will receive preference in employment and are encouraged to apply. For applicants claiming Veterans' Preference, please attach supporting documentation that includes character of service (for example, DD form 214 Member Copy #4) when you apply for a vacancy. Applicants may also fax their supporting documentation to People First at 1-888-403-2110. All documentation is due by the closing date of the job announcement.