Senior Engineer - Electronics Hardware
Generac Power Systems – Join the leader in the power industry! Our Corporate Office in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Senior Electronics Design Engineer for our Engineering Division.
As Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer you will be responsible for the design and development of electronic control systems, utilizing microcontroller, analog and power electronics technologies. These controls are used in natural gas and diesel powered generators. In this role you will find be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in product specification
- Costing, project planning and the supervision of the project from concept to production
- Research and selection of components, circuitry and topologies for projects
- Design of electronic circuitry, assembly packaging/enclosures and tooling
- Direct schematic capture and printed circuit layout
- Conduct FMEA, DFMEA and design reviews
- Testing of prototype and compiling test of test plans
- Design of test fixtures and test software
- Supervision of project documentation; BOMs, test procedure, manuals, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in an electronics related field
- Minimum of 7 years experience in design and development of power electronics or analog, power supplies, microcontrollers and controls incorporating IGBTs, FETs, or SCRs
- Use of simulation software, such as P-spice
Additional Skills Preferred
- Experience with Freescale and/or Microchip microcontrollers
- Experience of programming real-time embedded controllers using the 'C' language and/or Assembler
- Experience in Design of automotive electronic systems and assemblies
- Experience of designing and testing for EMC compliance
- Designing products to meet agency compliance such as UL and CSA
- RF/wireless controls
“We really challenge our teams to take their ideas and push them as far as they can, to take some risk.” Aaron Jagdfeld, CEO
Generac was voted by our own employees to be one of Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's 2012 Top Workplaces in Southeastern Wisconsin. Generac was also the winner of the 2011 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year award. Generac is a place where innovation and industry leading technology is created; the company holds about 90 U.S. and international patents and applications.
The power behind Generac's continued success comes from a knowledgeable, dedicated group of employees who are committed to innovative approaches, technical excellence and first class customer service. Generac recognizes our employees are the heart of the company and values the contributions they make. We strive to hire employees who share our goal of putting our customer first and are dedicated to providing a superior product.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes:
In addition to the comprehensive benefits offered at Generac we are an organization that thrives on employee participation in corporate sponsored events such as recreation leagues, sporting events, golf tournaments, bowling outing, and our annual company picnic.
With Generac you will never feel powerless with your career!
Generac Power Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.