Senior Engineer - Standby Generators
Generac Power Systems Join the leader in the power industry! Our Corporate Office in Waukesha, WI is seeking a Senior Engineer for our Standby Generator team. In this highly visible position, the Senior Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering input to the product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement), sourcing, quality, service, and marketing.
- Provide technical direction for new product development
- Direct engineering activities for new product development projects including; creating and maintaining development schedules, executing product development plans (schedule, product cost, quality targets, product specification adherence, development and prove out of product validation test plans, etc.), interfacing with internal company personnel.
- Define technical specifications for assigned projects
- Define and oversee the build and testing of prototypes
- Ensure product designs are manufacture-able (use of DFM methodologies)
- Create and maintain CAD models and product layouts
- Create and maintain BOMs for products
- Create advanced systems simulations and analysis using advanced techniques.
- 7+ years engineering experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience using Pro-E or similar CAD 3D modeling software.
- Experience with Windchill PLM/PDM LINK
- Experience with analytical tools such as CFD and FEA
- MS in Mechanical Engineering prefered
- Working Knowledge of UL 2200
- Design experience with any of the following; engine generators, sheet metal enclosures, frames, fuels tanks, castings, plastics, precision machined components, engines systems (fuel, cooling, controls, emissions, engine control units (ECU), turbochargers, natural gas fuel regulators), thermodynamic management, fluid management (hoses, fittings, etc), engine sensors (magnetic pickups, temperature switches, pressure gauges, etc.
“We really challenge our teams to take their ideas and push them as far as they can, to take some risk.” Aaron Jagdfeld, CEO
Generac was voted by our own employees to be one of Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's 2012 Top Workplaces in Southeastern Wisconsin. Generac was also the winner of the 2011 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year award. Generac is a place where innovation and industry leading technology is created; the company holds about 90 U.S. and international patents and applications.
The power behind Generac's continued success comes from a knowledgeable, dedicated group of employees who are committed to innovative approaches, technical excellence and first class customer service. Generac recognizes our employees are the heart of the company and values the contributions they make. We strive to hire employees who share our goal of putting our customer first and are dedicated to providing a superior product.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes:
In addition to the comprehensive benefits offered at Generac we are an organization that thrives on employee participation in corporate sponsored events such as recreation leagues, sporting events, golf tournaments, bowling outing, and our annual company picnic.
With Generac you will never feel powerless with your career!
Generac Power Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.