Engineering Manager - Engines
Engineering Manager – Liquid Cooled Engines
Generac Power Systems – Join the leader in the power industry!
Generac was recently awarded the Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Award and we were also recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Southeastern Wisconsin
Our Corporate Office in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead the development efforts of our Liquid Cooled Engines Division.
The Engineering Manager will plan and execute the development, application, and testing of liquid cooled engines. He or she will define the functional specifications of the engine, systems and subsystems to meet the specific applications requirements. This person will be responsible for working closely with the design and test functions to ensure timely delivery according to project schedules. This is a very visible, hands on position requiring broad base of experience, great written and verbal communication skills, with a proven track record of leadership and mentoring.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for development plans at component, system and engine level to be conducted on test bench, dyno or application.
- Responsible for writing specific procedures for basic engine development, performance development, calibration and durability.
- Document in form of reports all specific development work
- Assist in the build of development and test units.
- In association with the design engineers and designers generates inspection requirements and forms for all engines.
- Defines the specific requirements for instrumentation
- Participates in analysis of failures during test or field
- Facilitates the tear down of test units and the post test analysis.
- Participates in design reviews and makes recommendations of necessary configurations to meet engine development needs.
- Works closely with the test area to ensure proper execution of all development plans.
- Writes specifications for engine, systems and subsystems in line with project requirements.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering with a M.S in engineering preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of internal combustion engine development experience.
- Fuel systems calibration for gasoline and gaseous fuels.
- Experience with vallve train and power cylinder
- Very good understanding of engine thermodynamics
- Broad base of engine system experience including design and assembly
- Proven experience in root cause failure analysis.
- Works well in cross functional teams.
- Good understanding of compliance requirements for IC engines.
- Clear understanding of the fundamentals of engine design, development and test.
- Knowledgeable in establishing a short and long term technology path for the product line.
- Elevated mentoring skills necessary to grow and maintain a competitive group.
- Significant experience with testing of internal combustion engines using dynamometers.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and maintain an elevated level of performance while coping with multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
“We really challenge our teams to take their ideas and push them as far as they can, to take some risk.” Aaron Jagdfeld, CEO
Generac was voted by our own employees to be one of Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's 2012 Top Workplaces in Southeastern Wisconsin. Generac was also the winner of the 2011 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year award. Generac is a place where innovation and industry leading technology is created; the company holds about 90 U.S. and international patents and applications.
The power behind Generac's continued success comes from a knowledgeable, dedicated group of employees who are committed to innovative approaches, technical excellence and first class customer service. Generac recognizes our employees are the heart of the company and values the contributions they make. We strive to hire employees who share our goal of putting our customer first and are dedicated to providing a superior product.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes:
In addition to the comprehensive benefits offered at Generac we are an organization that thrives on employee participation in corporate sponsored events such as recreation leagues, sporting events, golf tournaments, bowling outing, and our annual company picnic.
With Generac you will never feel powerless with your career!
Generac Power Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.